Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I am developing a web based application using ASP.NET....I want to add a facility for the administrator wherein he gets a mobile alert whenever a user registers etc. I got to know that this can be done using "SMS Gateways". Can anybody please tell me how can I accomplish my goal? and the steps I should follow....Also, plz tell me the name of a few SMS gateways which work in India...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@ vish786,
according to me, SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol & not for Short Message Transfer Protocol.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
OK... not that I have huge knowledge but i can try to give a general Idia...

Things you need, Physical access to your Web or Internal Server which you will use to operate the Application...

One SMS Modem

SMS Getway ID (the number) with rights to pull or Push SMS

Custome made SMS API for the applcaition which I think u are ur self going to code...

So, 1st of all you need to decide whats the work load and whether you will have both Pull and push SMS server ??

So, 1st of all a mod Server will going to cost around 80k , one Minimum SMS Modem will cost around 80k and one has to buy SMS rights with publick (like 8888, 6464) or private number (9830098300) that too cost some heavy money per month...

!!!

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shirish_nagar said:
@ vish786,
according to me, SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol & not for Short Message Transfer Protocol.

i had read abt it, made mistake while writing full form. :)
thx for correctin.

sureshpathak2009

Right off the assembly line
Hi choote cheetah,
Could you suggest me in brief how i can set up SMS Gateway for my office application(in INDIA).
Whether i have to talk to any network operator or not?
If yes then overall set up cost will be how much on & average.
If you have any idea then suggest me as soon as possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom