SMPS / PSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

samanvya_ad

Broken In
First of all the dealers/shop owners don't know about Antec...
Everyone is talking about nothing but Antec but the fact is that Antec is difficult to find and expensive.......
I don mind spending few thousands bucks( 2.5k - 3.5k) on PSU but its not at all available in most cities.So pls tell prices of some other brands too...
Is nothing other than ANtec available.

I enquired a dealer(s) about Antec and he made funny faces and said every place has few local brands and Antec is not available here as it might be a local brand of the place where u live,later he said for a decent config pc take the i-ball benz cabinets which come with 400 watt psu. they cost around 2000 bucks depending on model. and according to him are also pretty reliable. Its the same story everywhere..... Very few have heard about Antec. And like some one had posted earlier, I was also corrected many times that it is not Antec but Intex.

And whats the use of having a 400W- 500W PSU in a midrange gaming pc with around 3 GHz processor, decent mobo, Harddisk, RAM and other stuff + graphics card (gfx 6600 or above) when almost all graphics card manufacturers state that 300W is minimum needed.

G

gxsaurav

antec is good, but not at all a must, there are other brands here which are as good as antec, like powersafe or colorsit M400U, take a look for these models

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Powersafe 400W for 1450/- bought it in June or July 2005. Price may have come down a bit.

Also was offered colorsit 400W for 500/- or 600/- don't remenber.

Don't buy the iBall PSU it's a junk. Had to change it twice when bought iBall Grabit Cabinet (350W came along with the cabinet). Since then Powersafe is giving good performance.

I am running:
Intel 865GBF motherboard
P4 Prescott 3.0 GHz
512mb X 2 DDR Ram in Dual channel mode
XFX 6600GT 128mb Agp (recently installed as upgrade, earlier had FX 5200 128mb)
80GB Seagate HDD (PATA)
1 DVD Drive
1 CD-R/RW Drive
Sony Floppy Drive
and 3 120mm Fan.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
xfx 6600gt is great. Earlier I had FX5200 but now the games seen to have gone in overdrive mode compared to FX5200. I bought it for 10350/- couple of weeks ago. All games such as DOOM3, HL2 and FARCRY run smoothly at 1024 X 768 with high settings. Haven't tried higher resolution yet. With FX5200 I was able to run DOOM3 at 640 X 480 in low setting only, anything higher and u would have to play the game as slideshow.

OP
S

samanvya_ad

Broken In
I am buying an AMD rig 3000+ with Asus A8ne, 2 Harddisks, 1 GB RAM, DVD COmbo, and 6600gt.
What powersuply do i need... 350W or 400W or more than 400W.
Pls tell the price of 450W pSU from Powersafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom