Broken In
Hi all,3 smps changed in 5 months..suggest me a better smps plz

P4 3.0GHz HT
2GB RAM
80GB+320GB hdd
ATi Radeon X600/X500 series
Sony DVD writer
17" AOC LCD monitor
Pinnacle TV/FM tuner(not connected due to Vista incompatibility)
Vista Ultimate SP1
eMerge 500KVA ups
Zebronics 400W smps (previously Intex 450W & some brand 400W)

Similar questions may be asked many times.
But,kindly help me for the above configuration...plz.!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Isn't Cooler master RS-380-PMSR 460W SMPS enough for that config and is available for some 1700 bucks. Isn't a 600W too much for that config and also results in heavy power bills.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
exactly

+ go check the specs of that 600W PSU.it does not have an 8-pin CPU connector..so a total waste of money in every way.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
a 600W too much for that config and also results in heavy power bills.

getting a higher wattage psu than wats reqd by the system doesnt mean that u'll hafta foot heavy pwr bills.
if a system draws 230w of pwr at full load and ur using a 650w psu,the psu u'll supply only 230w or pwr as is reqd by the system.it wont draw 650W.so it wont inc pwr bills.wat it'll do is it'll give u more headroom for future upgrades.:smile:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ what kind of setup would you need that will kill a 630W SMPS???

Look at that config. buying a 600W SMPS for that tiny config is just waste of money. For the extra 2k that is saved, you can get 160gig HDD or 2gig ram etc.

Getting a 600W PSU only because somewhere in future you may/may not upgrade your system to a monster that only 600W can handle, doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i aint suggesting him to get a 600w psu or above.wat i wanted to say was that getting a higher wattage psu doesnt mean that u'll hafta foot heavier pwr bill as u said.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
frankly i would get the higher capacity one i.e the 600W one
i dont see it as a waste of money to go for a higher capacity than you need, the guy would sooner or later have to upgrade most probably in the event of failure of processor or motherboard.
I used to buy according to power requirement but now if i can afford i buy not only a higher wattage one but also a higher quality one from the same manufacturer
frankly adding further ram is of no use to his config

fortunately for him it is his power supply that failed first and not his other components..so if you have the money, you can invest in a higher capacity one of at least 600W which people around here can suggest which one is more better for the future

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
its always better to go in for a good psu with a higher rated wattage than wats reqd by the system at max load.getting a good psu gives u the peace of mind that u wont be having any pwr related probs in ur pc.

OP
K

ksundar

Broken In
This is a Gr8 Forum!

Thanks to all for nice suggestion!

If I want to buy 600W smps in Chennai? Is there any specific shop in Ritche Street?
Is there any price catalogue for smps? Plz suggest me..!

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
why dont u go for CM Real Power 550W instead of this 600W PSU..u r gonna have problems with this PSU when u upgrade-it doesnt have an 8pin power connector.
read any mobo manual..it matters.rest upto u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom