Smartphone Under 30K

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
1. Budget? -- 30K.

2. Display type and size? -- Not more than 5";Type doesn't matter.

3. Dual sim? -- Not a must, but if yes its good.

4. Preferred choice of brand? -- Excluding, HTC, SAMSUNG.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? -- Mainly for camera. Front facing and rear must be great.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). -- Preferably Android, others are welcome.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). -- Yes, 3G and 4G ready

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? -- Internet and camera.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? -- Nope.

10. Any other info that you want to share -- Buyer needs excellent battery life. Uses camera and internet very often. ESP front camera.

akhilc47

Journeyman
Take a look at LG G2. I recently ordered this phone with roughly same budget. It has 5.2" screen but the overall size is almost same as Nexus 5 (screen to body percentage > 75). Even moto G2 is longer and thicker than this phone! Good cam with OIS. Great battery at 3000mAH. Just a suggestion. :)

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Xperia Z1

Take a look at LG G2. I recently ordered this phone with roughly same budget. It has 5.2" screen but the overall size is almost same as Nexus 5 (screen to body percentage > 75). Even moto G2 is longer and thicker than this phone! Good cam with OIS. Great battery at 3000mAH. Just a suggestion. :)

Will check those out guys, thanks
Btw Does your LG G2 tends to get hot under normal usage..? asking this becuase friends LG L7 gets hot too much under just normal use.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
LG G2,Moto X 2014,Lumia 830,Nexus 5,OPO(if you want to save some $ ),Lumia 1520(if you want an excellent wphablet and can extend by atleast 6k),Lumia 930(same specs as 1520 but smaller size-convenient,only con is lack of sd card slot but 32gb inbuilt mem)
since you want excellent battery life and camera the Lumias , Nexus 5,OPO and G2 excel in these areas
if camera is really what you need then check out Lumia 1020 as well its going for 21k and is a steal , though keep in mind the older cpu will not bring it many new features now because the 41mp sensor is very resource hungry(with good reason)
you should be fine with any of the mentioned phones depending on preference

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Moto X 32GB launched at 32k and unless camera is top priority, is a better buy than most Android other available at same range.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro

Size 6". Too large

+1 to LG G2 and Moto X (2014)

Moto X camera is not upto mark right..?

LG G2,Moto X 2014,Lumia 830,Nexus 5,OPO(if you want to save some $ ),Lumia 1520(if you want an excellent wphablet and can extend by atleast 6k),Lumia 930(same specs as 1520 but smaller size-convenient,only con is lack of sd card slot but 32gb inbuilt mem)
since you want excellent battery life and camera the Lumias , Nexus 5,OPO and G2 excel in these areas
if camera is really what you need then check out Lumia 1020 as well its going for 21k and is a steal , though keep in mind the older cpu will not bring it many new features now because the 41mp sensor is very resource hungry(with good reason)
you should be fine with any of the mentioned phones depending on preference

Thanks for reply bro. Yeah he is camera person. Will check out LGG2 and Nexus.

Moto X 32GB launched at 32k and unless camera is top priority, is a better buy than most Android other available at same range.

Camera is top priority. He is a crazy selfy and picture taking guy.

akhilc47

Journeyman
Will check those out guys, thanks
Btw Does your LG G2 tends to get hot under normal usage..? asking this becuase friends LG L7 gets hot too much under just normal use.

My phone got delivered today only. It heated lightly while I was updating and charging. Can't say much about it without spending a few days.

If camera quality is really important Lumia series would be great, if Windows is ok for you. I didn't choose OPO because it was too big for me otherwise it has excellent hardware for cheaper price. Nexus 5 was my other option. But battery is not that great and G2 camera is slightly better even though they are not that different. And heard many screen cracking issues (including my colleague) with nexus. Xperia phones are also pretty big for me. My brother has z2 and it's much bigger than G2 which has the same screen size. I know these are my decision factors but your requirements kind of seems same hence I'm posting. Hope it helps.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
My phone got delivered today only. It heated lightly while I was updating and charging. Can't say much about it without spending a few days.

If camera quality is really important Lumia series would be great, if Windows is ok for you. I didn't choose OPO because it was too big for me otherwise it has excellent hardware for cheaper price. Nexus 5 was my other option. But battery is not that great and G2 camera is slightly better even though they are not that different. And heard many screen cracking issues (including my colleague) with nexus. Xperia phones are also pretty big for me. My brother has z2 and it's much bigger than G2 which has the same screen size. I know these are my decision factors but your requirements kind of seems same hence I'm posting. Hope it helps.

So lumia seems to be his kinda phone.
Which is the model that is not too large screen or not too small. probably like 5"

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Size 6". Too large

Moto X camera is not upto mark right..?

Thanks for reply bro. Yeah he is camera person. Will check out LGG2 and Nexus.

Camera is top priority. He is a crazy selfy and picture taking guy.

since hes camera crazy , i suggest getting a 830,930,1520,1020 depending on preference
dont get fooled by specs though,windows phone is much much lighter on the hardware than android and excels in the battery and camera departments (except in the case of 1020,its hardware is a bit dated so it wont get any new features as such but the camera makes up for that)

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
since hes camera crazy , i suggest getting a 830,930,1520,1020 depending on preference
dont get fooled by specs though,windows phone is much much lighter on the hardware than android and excels in the battery and camera departments (except in the case of 1020,its hardware is a bit dated so it wont get any new features as such but the camera makes up for that)

Thanks bro :)

Top Bottom