Smartphone under 20k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will it handle day-today usage?
Even a 10k note 7 pro(its price in March before the corono lockdown price increase) will handle typical daily tasks with ease. At this price point you need to look for whether you are paying too much for good camera & overall performance. I am assuming a 20k samsung phone will not be much weaker than note 7 pro under worst case scenario. @omega44-xt

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If I talk about Samsung smartphone, is it worth spending around 20k or even more for 9611 processor?
If you don't want the Chinese phones and want good software which is universal from their entry level to flagships then Samsung is the only way.
And if want Android One programme phones with excellent software updates then Nokia is the only way.
Finnish tech.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

If I talk about Samsung smartphone, is it worth spending around 20k or even more for 9611 processor?
As I said earlier, M31/M21 are the Samsung phones worth buying, A series is trash.

Samsung M series has some recommendations being pushed via notification bar, but likely won't go into system ads like Redmi Note series of Xiaomi (ads can be limited in both by following some steps easily available online). I consider One UI of Samsung & Oxygen OS of Oneplus as the two best UIs.

If you are willing to wait till month end & spend 25k, you might get OP Nord for 25k (rumoured), it has 90Hz AMOLED, S765 & a 48MP Sony cam with OIS. Dual front-facing cams are a negative point IMO.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Samsung Galaxy M40 (Midnight Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) *www.amazon.in/dp/B07HGJKDRR/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_yM5cFbZ0ZHJ2Y
This above phone comes with Snapdragon processor not like other Samsung phones which comes with Exygnos processors.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
So the fact of the matter is, Samsung is actually lacking a decent midrange phone to compete the Chinese market in India.

Will wait for OP Nord then. Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So the fact of the matter is, Samsung is actually lacking a decent midrange phone to compete the Chinese market in India.

Will wait for OP Nord then. Thanks.
OP Nord starts @ 36k
PS: This is the same company which makes oppo & vivo phones as well I think.

OP Nord starts @ 36k
PS: This is the same company which makes oppo & vivo phones as well I think.

OP isn't that stupid. It might end up at $500 in US but remember OP8 is cheaper in India than US & EU. Worst case scenario, I don't think they will price it over 30k but 25k will be a great price as there aren't many good options at that price. Right now Realme X3 is another choice at 25k, but many people do prefer AMOLED & X3 is suited for gamers.

Samsung Galaxy M40 (Midnight Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) *www.amazon.in/dp/B07HGJKDRR/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_yM5cFbZ0ZHJ2Y
This above phone comes with Snapdragon processor not like other Samsung phones which comes with Exygnos processors.

Yes, good SoC but downgrades on many other stuff (camera, battery, 3.5mm jack, display) even compared to M30S & has a higher price. M31/M21 are the only sensible Samsung choices.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I got your point bro! But the leak is for a price of approx 25k
OP 8 pro is sold @ 41k
So OP Nord 5G will be sold @ 25k
I don't think so
This phone company which we never heard of sells @ 45k for 5G version
Take a look at this once:iQOO 3 (5G) (Tornado Black, 256 GB)
*dl.flipkart.com/dl/iqoo-3-5g-torna...d?pid=MOBFP4P2HCJBY5YN&cmpid=product.share.pp

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Yes, good SoC but downgrades on many other stuff (camera, battery, 3.5mm jack, display) even compared to M30S & has a higher price. M31/M21 are the only sensible Samsung choices.

M31 - But do you think, it can do today task easily? 6/128 is available for 17500 right now in Amazon under a limited deal. But my only worry is, hope it won't hang doing basic tasks!

OP 8 pro is sold @ 41k
So OP Nord 5G will be sold @ 25k
I don't think so
This phone company which we never heard of sells @ 45k for 5G version
Take a look at this once:iQOO 3 (5G) (Tornado Black, 256 GB)
*dl.flipkart.com/dl/iqoo-3-5g-torna...d?pid=MOBFP4P2HCJBY5YN&cmpid=product.share.pp

S865 was priced higher this year than older flagship SoC, partly due to 5G modem. That iQoo was one of the first S865 phones in India along with Realme X50, both even lacked OIS in cam, I think, so not a good purchase except when all you care is gaming.

BTW OP8 starts at 42k. OP8 Pro at 41k would have killed Samsung, OP phones would sell like hot cakes. Anyways, lets see. My bet will be on 25k as well, mainly because OP8 series is cheaper in India. Also we have 7T at 35k which is still a great device for the price.

M31 - But do you think, it can do today task easily? 6/128 is available for 17500 right now in Amazon under a limited deal. But my only worry is, hope it won't hang doing basic tasks!
For day to day tasks, yes, it is powerful enough. One UI is optimized enough. My father's 3 year old Samsung C7 Pro still runs smooth enough, surely is bit slower than my S8 but not laggy nor hangs, only battery needs replacement soon.

The camera difference between M31 & M21 isn't much, so can get M21 instead & save money.

Edit: Forget that, not much difference between M21 & M31 in terms of price of 6GB/128GB variants, i think it was 2k earlier. Both have dedicated SD card slot, so 6GB/64GB will suffice as well

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
S865 was priced higher this year than older flagship SoC, partly due to 5G modem. That iQoo was one of the first S865 phones in India along with Realme X50, both even lacked OIS in cam, I think, so not a good purchase except when all you care is gaming.

BTW OP8 starts at 42k. OP8 Pro at 41k would have killed Samsung, OP phones would sell like hot cakes. Anyways, lets see. My bet will be on 25k as well, mainly because OP8 series is cheaper in India. Also we have 7T at 35k which is still a great device for the price.
But here OPs budget is only 22k and maybe he can extend only till 25k and not more.
So let's guide him according to his budget and not draw or get drawn towards rumor mills.

I say Samsung M Series or A Series is the best bet
And Nokia if OP wants Android One devices.
Because Nokia was the one company which gave Android 10 upgrade to it's budget devices this year compared with others like Motorola etc

PS: If OP Nord releases for 25k then it will CANIBALISE its own flagships for once right.

But here OPs budget is only 22k and maybe he can extend only till 25k and not more.
So let's guide him according to his budget and not draw or get drawn towards rumor mills.

I say Samsung M Series or A Series is the best bet
And Nokia if OP wants Android One devices.
Because Nokia was the one company which gave Android 10 upgrade to it's budget devices this year compared with others like Motorola etc

I just asked him to wait, anyways event is in a week. So we will know the price by then. If its high, its not like other phones are running away, but if its 25k, its easily best bet for OP if he can increase the budget.

My only problem with Nokia is its hardware specs. Its inferior to even Samsung phones. Nokia is trying to have a premium brand image & trying to get sales based on its old reputation, which isn't working well for it.
Compare Nokia 7.2 vs. Samsung Galaxy M31 vs. Motorola One Fusion+ - GSMArena.com
Nokia 7.2 costs 18k, has similar SoC to M31 but has an inferior display, storage & way inferior battery life. Storage is a strange one as almost every new 12-13k+ phones have been UFS 2.0 at least for some time now. UFS 2.1 vs eMMc 5.1 is like SSD vs HDD for PCs. So only better software isn't enough to counteract those. Most Chinese phones usually have just 1 con, software.

Top Bottom