Smartphone under 20k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I just asked him to wait, anyways event is in a week. So we will know the price by then. If its high, its not like other phones are running away, but if its 25k, its easily best bet for OP if he can increase the budget.

My only problem with Nokia is its hardware specs. Its inferior to even Samsung phones. Nokia is trying to have a premium brand image & trying to get sales based on its old reputation, which isn't working well for it.
Compare Nokia 7.2 vs. Samsung Galaxy M31 vs. Motorola One Fusion+ - GSMArena.com
Nokia 7.2 costs 18k, has similar SoC to M31 but has an inferior display, storage & way inferior battery life. Storage is a strange one as almost every new 12-13k+ phones have been UFS 2.0 at least for some time now. UFS 2.1 vs eMMc 5.1 is like SSD vs HDD for PCs. So only better software isn't enough to counteract those. Most Chinese phones usually have just 1 con, software.
Yes software is enough to defeat the very purpose a phone is based on right
Without timely updates a phone is a dead weight
My elders all are using samsung latest phones where samsung is giving timely updates but my own nokia 8.1 is regularly giving monthly security updates and quarterly updates regarding any improvements needed like voice recorder which was provided by May update to all nokia phones.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Yes software is enough to defeat the very purpose a phone is based on right
Without timely updates a phone is a dead weight
My elders all are using samsung latest phones where samsung is giving timely updates but my own nokia 8.1 is regularly giving monthly security updates and quarterly updates regarding any improvements needed like voice recorder which was provided by May update to all nokia phones.

But Xiaomi & Realme actually have good enough software, just UI ads. Realme & One UI of cheap phones have a similar level of "recommendations". MIUI software support is good, even though they don't push the android version update to old phones. Oppo & Vivo surely doesn't have a mature looking OS.

Moto surely needs to work on reclaiming themselves, realistically One Fusion+ should get at least 1 OS update.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
But Xiaomi & Realme actually have good enough software, just UI ads. Realme & One UI of cheap phones have a similar level of "recommendations". MIUI software support is good, even though they don't push the android version update to old phones. Oppo & Vivo surely doesn't have a mature looking OS.

Moto surely needs to work on reclaiming themselves, realistically One Fusion+ should get at least 1 OS update.
And what about boycotting Chinese products.
Redmi phones have a lot of bloatware and they push unnecessary ads in their phones.
Because I have used one or two Redmi phones before but I don't know about Realme but I know it uses Colour OS like that.
But presently compared with Samsung & Nokia , all these Chinese waalaas are not giving timely updates.

And what about boycotting Chinese products.
Redmi phones have a lot of bloatware and they push unnecessary ads in their phones.
Because I have used one or two Redmi phones before but I don't know about Realme but I know it uses Colour OS like that.
But presently compared with Samsung & Nokia , all these Chinese waalaas are not giving timely updates.

My mother has Redmi Note 8 Pro. I followed a guide from xda & now the ads are gone. Takes some time for sure. Didn't see ads in system UI as some users have seen but maybe Xiaomi is not pushing that as internet is poor at my parent's place. Realme OS improved a bit over Color OS, just a more cleaner UI, surely its still ColorOS underneath. Bloatware & even lack of an option to disable it (forget uninstall) is surely annoying. Cheap Samsungs aren't good in this respect as well, which includes A series, not just M.

Boycott China isn't realistic. Even if you buy a Samsung phone, a lot of its parts are made in China. Like CPUs, I think most raw materials & fabrication does take place in China.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My mother has Redmi Note 8 Pro. I followed a guide from xda & now the ads are gone. Takes some time for sure. Didn't see ads in system UI as some users have seen but maybe Xiaomi is not pushing that as internet is poor at my parent's place. Realme OS improved a bit over Color OS, just a more cleaner UI, surely its still ColorOS underneath. Bloatware & even lack of an option to disable it (forget uninstall) is surely annoying. Cheap Samsungs aren't good in this respect as well, which includes A series, not just M.

Boycott China isn't realistic. Even if you buy a Samsung phone, a lot of its parts are made in China. Like CPUs, I think most raw materials & fabrication does take place in China.
Almost every technology products are manufactured in China and it's for these couple of years a sea of change has started with those whose companies are manufacturing in China.
Largely because of the concept called the Trade War, US started to shift some of those companies to India and if we give some more time, more companies will shift their base to India.
So the next stop for all those now situated in China is India.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Almost every technology products are manufactured in China and it's for these couple of years a sea of change has started with those whose companies are manufacturing in China.
Largely because of the concept called the Trade War, US started to shift some of those companies to India and if we give some more time, more companies will shift their base to India.
So the next stop for all those now situated in China is India.

Not going to happen as long as all major parties here are afraid of FDI & foreign companies while thinking about East India Company & the ancient land & labour laws.

Top Bottom