Smartphone required (Budget 30k)

little

Journeyman
1. Budget?
> Around 30k

2. Display type and size?
> No idea about display type; size - around 5 inches.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
> Bar.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
> Reliable brands only.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
> Touchscreen.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
> The camera has to be awesome. A good front facing camera is required, (a lot of selfies will be clicked)

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
> Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options?
> 3G, Wi-Fi, etc.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
> Just the regular ones Navigation apps, Youtube, browsers, etc.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
> I'll use it primarily for entertainment (movies, music, a little gaming) and browsing the web.

11. Any other info that you want to share
Most Important : This phone is for a friend of mine who's a girl, and that changes everything.
Her priorities are as follows -
a. the phone should have a slim profile and eye-catching looks (slim n sexy, u know :p )
b. good primary and secondary camera.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

How's Sony Xperia Z.

Last edited:
OP
L

little

Journeyman
Good looking device is a top priority for her. She doesn't care about better CPU/GPU (as long as the phone doesn't hang) or guaranteed updates, she doesn't even know about them. And Samsung devices have got anything but the looks. So no Samsung here.

- - - Updated - - -

And If she can extend her budget upto 35k then I think Z1 will be best for her. I'll ask her about budget.

- - - Updated - - -

Maximum budget = 32k.

Last edited:
OP
L

little

Journeyman
Z1 & Z1 Compact are good

Try to avoid HTC One M7 Dual, due to poor rear cam

Thanks. Z1 is fine for her.
But here's another question, according to her Z and Z1 are almost same ( :p ) except for the camera. And after reading various reviews, I concluded that the camera on Xperia Z will serve all her needs.
In that case, will it be wise to spend extra money on Z1 ?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
But here's another question, according to her Z and Z1 are almost same ( :p ) except for the camera. And after reading various reviews, I concluded that the camera on Xperia Z will serve all her needs.

Avoid Z !
It heats a lot and has least battery cycles!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Lumia 930 is perfect and should be getting launched sooner price should not be more than 35k

don't go for Z at all..

z1 or z1 compact ...

if you can wait z2 compact should get launched by august at around 35k ( online price )

Last edited:

Its true that, a girl won't see much difference between the two except for increased size in Z1.
Z heats up, thats true, but hasn't it been solved via future updates (it has got 4.4 update)

How about these phone ??
Brand NEW LG G2 32GB D802 Gold Color | eBay

LG Optimus G E975 Price in India - Buy LG Optimus G E975 Blue 32 GB Online - LG: Flipkart.com

Sony Xperia ZR Price in India - Buy Sony Xperia ZR Black 8 GB Online - Sony: Flipkart.com

Interested in phablets ?
LG Optimus G PRO E980 AT T Factory Unlocked FOR GSM With Data 32GB Inbuilt | eBay

123hero

In the zone
Most Important : This phone is for a friend of mine who's a girl, and that changes everything.
Her priorities are as follows -
a. the phone should have a slim profile and eye-catching looks (slim n sexy, u know :p )
b. good primary and secondary camera.

Thanks.

If Windows OS is okay, then go for the Nokia Lumia 925 or if u can wait, then go for the Lumia 930 .
Nokia phones as always are tremenduosly good looking and sturdy, plus it has agood front camera for selfies, and a slick and fluid interface which wont hang and is comparatively easier to learn . PLus the phones are available in bright colours something which no other flagship phone may have .

Do have a look on it and just try using it before buying

Regards
123hero

- - - Updated - - -

Lumia 930 is perfect and should be getting launched sooner price should not be more than 35k

Is it the same as Lumia Icon released in the US as a Verizon exclusive ?
Will it ship directly with Win 8.1 ?

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Its true that, a girl won't see much difference between the two except for increased size in Z1.
Z heats up, thats true, but hasn't it been solved via future updates (it has got 4.4 update)
Yeah, I also heard that it was fixed in the recent updates. BTW both, Z and Z1 have same screen size, i.e., 5".

How about these phone ??
LG Optimus G E975 Price in India - Buy LG Optimus G E975 Blue 32 GB Online - LG: Flipkart.com
This seems to be a good option for her.

Interested in phablets ?
LG Optimus G PRO E980 AT T Factory Unlocked FOR GSM With Data 32GB Inbuilt | eBay
Nope. Maximum 5"

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for your inputs. Highly appreciated.

And on the point of waiting, I asked her about it and she said that she can wait till August as it's not urgent.
I think, in this case it would be wise to wait for a few months.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Is it the same as Lumia Icon released in the US as a Verizon exclusive ?
Will it ship directly with Win 8.1 ?

yup it is the same Lumia Icon for worldwide market

Nokia Lumia 930 - Full phone specifications

yes it will directly ship with windows 8.1 , wait for that its so much better

Yeah, I also heard that it was fixed in the recent updates. BTW both, Z and Z1 have same screen size, i.e., 5".

And on the point of waiting, I asked her about it and she said that she can wait till August as it's not urgent.
I think, in this case it would be wise to wait for a few months.

Z1 is dimensionally bigger than Z(which itself is bigger than 5" MMX phones). Even G2 is smaller in size than Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 vs. LG G2 - GSMArena.com

Wait till July end & then revive this thread

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Z1 is dimensionally bigger than Z(which itself is bigger than 5" MMX phones). Even G2 is smaller in size than Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 vs. LG G2 - GSMArena.com

Wait till July end & then revive this thread

Oh. Ok. Didn't know that.

Ok, will visit this thread again around July end.

Top Bottom