Smartphone for 5k budget.

cybertechie1

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I need some suggestions for a budget smartphone within 5k for the purpose of gifting. This phone will be gifted to a non technical person. The major usage will be skype voice chat, occasional browsing and some apps like Ola, youtube etc.as you can see, requirements are very minimal. Reliability is of paramount importance. I don’t want to gift a phone that fails after a few days of usage . here are some of the options i found after doing a bit of google search

1) Android one phones: Spice Dream UNO in particular looked very impressive to me. Most of the tech community seems to be happy with the phone however reviews in flipkart paint a different picture. People have reported some major flaws like network issues, speakerphone quality issues etc. This phone would have been my ideal choice had it been from a brand like Nokia. I have no idea how after sales service of Spice is. After discounts, i'm getting this phone for ~4.5k.

2) Lumia 435, 532: Both these phone should not have any quality issues since they made by Nokia( Now Microsoft). Camera is a let down on both the phones but that not matter much. Both phones are equipped with 1 GB ram and snapdragon processors. I have used windows phones in the past, apart from lack of apps everything else works great. With ebay discounts, i can grab this for ~ 4.3k.

If there is any other options to let me know.

Flash

Lost in speed
Since you've said the mobile is for a non-technical person, WP is a best option because everything they need can be pinned to the start screen and he/she can start the specific app right away without spending time on searching for it. Also Microsoft promised WP10 updates for both these phones though some features mayn't available.

Top Bottom