Smartphone at range 25000-29000

varghesekiran

Journeyman
1. Budget? 25000-29000
2. Display type and size? 5"
3. Dual sim? optional
4. Preferred choice of brand?
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? everything
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nexus5, Moto X, LG G2, Htc one mini 2, Htc desire 816
10. Any other info that you want to share

This is for my cousin. Please help me select one from the above listed smartphones or suggest me one.

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
get lg G2

a great all rounder phone.. better than nexus 5

strike out moto x completely..

nexus 5 great 2nd choice .. updates will be super fast and rom community
but camera , battery backup is much better in g2 ..

the difference will be in price and internal storage

at the price of 16gb lg g2 you can get 32 gb nexus 5

remember both does not have micro sd so if storage is more imp than camera , backup get nexus 5 else Lg g2

Last edited:
nexus 5 will get updates quicker and both share same specs. if u want for global handsets which support cdma + gsm on same slot then u can go for imported g2 from sprint or verizon

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You have to decide for yourself according to your needs.

Nexus 5 : If you want updated hardware (for gaming and all), instant updates and 5" screen (size, not quality), by compromising on build quality, feebly speaker, an average camera and just okayish call quality. It's the fastest device out there.

Moto X : If you want a phone nearly of perfect size, great ergonomics, excellent call quality, lovely speaker, nice battery life and decent enough performance, by compromising on very average camera, outdated hardware (extensive gaming won't be a pleasurable experience) and not enough speed to match Nexus 5.

LG G2: No idea, has a somewhat nice display, and a better camera than the above two. But build quality is like Nexus 5.

hTC Desire 816 : No comments on a phone meant for humongous hands.

hTC One Mini 2 : No one knows the balance, 4.5" is too small, and especially at that physical size!

If I were you I would pick between Moto X or Galaxy S4 GPE.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
just a correction default gaming setup wise

Moto X >> Nexus 5

in gaming

Really? Well I never play games on mobile phones, but I played and finished the Riptide on X, and it did stutter at some levels! Also even Flappy Bird seems to lag a bit! So I don't know. Doesn't Nexus 5 has significantly better hardware? I mean it doesn't matter to me, but still asking...

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Really? Well I never play games on mobile phones, but I played and finished the Riptide on X, and it did stutter at some levels! Also even Flappy Bird seems to lag a bit! So I don't know. Doesn't Nexus 5 has significantly better hardware? I mean it doesn't matter to me, but still asking...

flappy bird stuttering ? that means something not right up there..

sure nexus 5 has better hardware but it has to drive the 1080p resolution as well

adreno 320 on 720p performs better than 330 on 1080p not by much though

cpu wise its a whole different story though... nexus 5 all the way

ithehappy

Human Spambot
flappy bird stuttering ? that means something not right up there..

sure nexus 5 has better hardware but it has to drive the 1080p resolution as well

adreno 320 on 720p performs better than 330 on 1080p not by much though

cpu wise its a whole different story though... nexus 5 all the way
Well yeah I am thinking the same! Maybe it's a different APK than the one I used on my S4, but not sure, doesn't seem to be the case. It never stuttered on the S4, but there is slight on the X! It's a stupid game graphically, it should not stutter with any hardware. Whatever...!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Well yeah I am thinking the same! Maybe it's a different APK than the one I used on my S4, but not sure, doesn't seem to be the case. It never stuttered on the S4, but there is slight on the X! It's a stupid game graphically, it should not stutter with any hardware. Whatever...!

my highest score was 84 pipes then i deleted it as it was starting to become addictive :p and it never stuttered on my 2.5 years old Htc explorer .. games like riptide gp 2, temple run 2 don't even stutter on entry level phones like moto e ..

try playing asphalt 8 or something and check if that stutters as well ..

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
my highest score was 84 pipes then i deleted it as it was starting to become addictive :p and it never stuttered on my 2.5 years old Htc explorer .. games like riptide gp 2, temple run 2 don't even stutter on entry level phones like moto e ..

try playing asphalt 8 or something and check if that stutters as well ..
All right mate, will try Asphalt 8. Do you have the apk of that Flappy Bird? I mean the one you played? No micro stuttering on hTC Explorer? Hmm, I am even more confused now!

I know it's addictive dude, extremely, that's why I keep playing it, just scored 305 today, and now I will try for more. It also helps to increase your patience, I find it good :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
All right mate, will try Asphalt 8. Do you have the apk of that Flappy Bird? I mean the one you played? No micro stuttering on hTC Explorer? Hmm, I am even more confused now!

I know it's addictive dude, extremely, that's why I keep playing it, just scored 305 today, and now I will try for more. It also helps to increase your patience, I find it good :)

305 that's a great score .. !! i played it long back though so sorry don't have it now ..

watch this
Flappy Bird: The best score 1007 - YouTube

and now just try not playing it for a week !! i bet you can't now after watching the video :lol:

btw how's your vibration in Moto X satisfied more than S4 and one ?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
305 that's a great score .. !! i played it long back though so sorry don't have it now ..

watch this
Flappy Bird: The best score 1007 - YouTube

and now just try not playing it for a week !! i bet you can't now after watching the video :lol:

btw how's your vibration in Moto X satisfied more than S4 and one ?
Holy crap, that guy is just, well...... Nah, I am addicted, but only in my free time.

I am happy with the vibration, definitely better than S4, but am I satisfied? No! It's still not as strong as I would like. However this happened because of some western idiots it seems. They kept mentioning about the super intense vibration and the problem of it, and Moto must have reduced the value (with the Nexus 5 app it shows as 70, where it should be 100) with latest KitKat updates. How on earth some idiots put the phone on a wooden or glass desk to test vibration God knows! It's a matter of feel, not hear. Even the most weak vibrating device will do that buzzzzz on a flat desk!!

Anyway, we are going off topic, so let's end this here.

Top Bottom