Smartmenuxp.ocx does NOT run in my vb6 program on windows 8

heamer

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I had developed project with smartmenuxp.ocx & VB6 which runs perfectly on Windows XP & Windows 7. But when I try to run same project on Windows 8 then Menus not working properly, infect Menus wont opens at all.

I tried to search it over net but VBSmart.com link has down.

Please Guys!! Any one has idea to resolve this issue or any one know the alternates of this ocx then please guide me.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Are you sure you have placed the .OCX file in right place under Windows 8 OS? Try these suggestions from SmartMenuXP.ocx download free - SmartMenuXP.ocx error fix and file information - dll4you.com :

How to install SmartMenuXP.ocx manually

Copy SmartMenuXP.ocx to the installation directory of the program that is requesting .
If that doesn't work, you will have to copy and paste SmartMenuXP.ocx to your system directory. By default, this is:
C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me)
C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000)
C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7,8)
If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, you should also place SmartMenuXP.ocx in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ Make sure overwrite any existing files (but make a backup copy of the original file).
Reboot your computer.

If the problem still occurs, try the following:
1. Open Windows Start menu and select "Run...".
2. Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND)).
3. Type regsvr32 SmartMenuXP.ocx and press Enter.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Just follow what [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] has posted and Don't forget to add reference to the OCX file after that.

Top Bottom