Smartlink 2800 chipset modem on opensuse 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibjee

A d m i n s t r a t o r
Hi guys,
i am just unable to configure my smartlink 2800 chipset based modem on opensuse 10.3 . i was able to make it work on ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04 using the drivers from *linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu/ because all i had to do was extract the package and then type install :D

I like the feel of opensuse 10.3 and would like to stick to it. how do i configure the smartlink modem? I have installed the smartlink drivers from the opensuse dvd (i think it was in the restricted drivers or something like that section) but when I open Yast and look modem in Modems (i think so because I am using windowsXP now :) ) , it says unconfigured modem and asks me to click configure which is nowhere to be found. i did look around in the internet and found nothing. so Guys, I need detailed (Please:() instructions on how to setup this modem in Opensuse 10.3.
Thanks

praka123

left this forum longback
i know opensuse makes users not knowing commandline :rolleyes: there is terminal called konsole in kde or gnome-terminal in Gnome /\ try lspci -v \/ output for some clue whether ur int modem is detected or not.if detected try to configure it using wvdial.loong time since i used dialup and forgot many things.but u need to make wvdialconf.and dial to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom