Small space saving cabinet

user28

Journeyman
I am using Bitfenix tower cabinet. Its big and occupies a lot of space. I shifted the pc to a different room and now space is luxury to me. What options do i have to shift my pc components to a max smaller cabinet like mini itx ?
My current motherboard is Asrock B450 Pro4 with Ryzen 3 proceesor. Is it possible to shift this to cabinets like Coolermaster NR200 or similar? I do not have any hard drives or DVD drives.
What are my options if i have to buy a new motherboard and reuse all the existing components? I am not a serious gamer so I dont have graphic card for now but an option in the new motherboard would be nice.
I dont need an ultra premium setup but a standard setup with upgradability and I will be using for atleast 4 to 5 years.

Get a mATX cabinet + mobo for relatively cheap option as ITX cabinet, mobo & PSU are generally expensive.

Deepcool Matterxx 40 3FS seems good.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Get a mATX cabinet + mobo for relatively cheap option as ITX cabinet, mobo & PSU are generally expensive.

Deepcool Matterxx 40 3FS seems good.
Are the cabinet sizes same as that mITX? What motherboards do you suggest? Space is luxury for me now so I definitely need space saving ones.

Are the cabinet sizes same as that mITX? What motherboards do you suggest? Space is luxury for me now so I definitely need space saving ones.
mATX is bigger than ITX but smaller than ATX, just google for sizes. Your current mobo seems to be ATX. ITX cabinets need a smaller PSU as well whereas you can use normal sized PSU in mATX cabinets.

You can get AsRock B450M pro 4 if happy with current mobo, just its mATX version.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Get MSI MAG A520M Vector Wifi and Zebronics Woodan matx/itx cabinet and you can fit even an ATX PSU in it along with MATX Mobo.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
How much you're ready to spend for this switch? ITX board and cabinet alone would bring the bottom number over 20k.

monkey

Padawan
@OP: If you want to stick with your ATX MoBo then I can suggest Fractal Design Meshify-C cabinet. I am currently using it and it is compact as compared to other ATX towers. Otherwise you will have to shift to mATX Mobo+Cabinet option. I have Antec VSK-10 mATX tower in my office and is good to for the price I paid.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/msi-mag-a520m-vector-wifi-am4-micro-atx-motherboard/

+

*www.theitdepot.com/details-GALAX+Revolution-03+ITX+Gaming+Case+with+RGB+Front+Panel_C5P39047.html

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
NR200 supports ITX board and can support upto 3 slot cards if you get slim bottom fans. The cabinet itself is cheaper but getting a smaller board and PSU will cost you more.

This doesnt seem like right time to buy older gen components since AMD also is in transition phase of their socket. You need to decide if you want to spend money on older gen mobo or try to sell your existing build and buy latest gen components with DDR5 support for your small cabinet, which will cost you more than just getting an ITX board for your current setup. I don't mean to confuse you here but want you make an informed decision.

Temperature is going to be another issue with smaller cases. If you do not choose CM NR200 then keep in mind that a cabinet without good front air intake will be a mistake if your PC usage involves moderate loads.

Edit:
Supports mATX and ATX PSU
*www.amazon.in/Zebronics-Zeb-WOODAN-Premium-Perforated-Vertical/dp/B09HMGRJ12

A comment from Indian subreddit
I got it recently and it's a rebranded SAMA IM01/ Tecware fusion. I did my research and found out that Zebronics Woodan is the same case. Very happy with the results. Assembling and cable management is no easy task though.

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
NR200P... I have squeezed in 2 3.5" HDD and one m.2 SSD, a 240 AIO. I has option for both Mesh and Glass panel. Never faced any temp. issues.

Few more I can suggest are :
  1. Fractal Design Node 202 (cheap and very compact. You must work on the airflow)
  2. Lian Li A4-H2O: I love it. But didn't get this one as I have lot of HDDs.

Keep in mind, always go for SFX PSUs(this may cost 2 to 3 times higher) for mITX builds.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
NR200P... I have squeezed in 2 3.5" HDD and one m.2 SSD, a 240 AIO. I has option for both Mesh and Glass panel. Never faced any temp. issues.

1. Fractal Design Node 202 (cheap and very compact. You must work on the airflow)

Keep in mind, always go for SFX PSUs(this may cost 2 to 3 times higher) for mITX builds.
Whats your GPU ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One

Do you think NR200P (mesh) with Air Cooler will be a good choice? Room temps between 35-40C.
I am using Corsair 4000D and with today's 40+C temp, CPU is 90C and GPU is 72C while gaming.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think NR200P (mesh) with Air Cooler will be a good choice? Room temps between 35-40C.
I am using Corsair 4000D and with today's 40+C temp, CPU is 90C and GPU is 72C while gaming.
What are you using in your room for cooling? I hope you are at least using a desert room cooler.

bubusam13

Human
Which Aircooler you are going to use ? Initially I used a Silverstone cooler and even without fan running(testing), it does its job (in Bangalore weather). Thanks to the fins. Only drawback was the CPU connector is very rigid that I was scared it will break my motherboard.

1687012502037.png

This is my current setup with AIO.

1687012726739.png

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Which Aircooler you are going to use ? Initially I used a Silverstone cooler and even without fan running(testing), it does its job (in Bangalore weather). Thanks to the fins. Only drawback was the CPU connector is very rigid that I was scared it will break my motherboard.

View attachment 22390

This is my current setup with AIO.

View attachment 22391
Looks nice!! I need this :hyper:

So if one decides to use Air cooler, they can't fix GPU in vertical position like in the pic above, otherwise they heat from the GPU backplate will go to CPU Cooler. So I guess GPU goes horizontally at the bottom. Keeping card at bottom is worrisome since all the dust will get sucked in from bottom of the case and go directly into GPU. Dust is such a pain here in India :wah:

Top Bottom