Slipstreaming doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

shriekers

Broken In
i have an original windows xp sp1 cd bootable i just wondered after slipstreaming will i have to activate windows again since i can activate my windows only three times and i format my system a lot

theraven

Technomancer
i think ur a bit confused
slip streaming is adding a service pack to the OS installation cd
if ur talkin abt upgrading to the sp2 ... then thats not slipstreaming ;)
and no u dun have to reactivate

theraven

Technomancer
ARRGHHH
DUDEEE
what are u talkin abt ?
slipstreaming ur xp os cd ? or installin sp2 on ur computer ???
if ur talkin abt "SLIP STREAMIN" then it means integrating sp2 with ur windows cd
if ur talkin abt just installin then thats NOT called slipstreaming
if ur talkin abt slipstreaming .. then why would u need to reactivate ?
unless u need to reinstall
if ur talkin abt upgrading ... THEN NO u dun have to reactivate

saROMan

QA Juggler
bro...when you Splitstream your Xp CD then you get a new CD of XP with SP2 ..so untill you install XP from this new CD ....you cant Activate it..got it??

OP
S

shriekers

Broken In
I agree i want to slipstream it.

What i mean is that if i try to install the new C.D. after formatting my system do i have to activate my windows like my original cd

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Why do you have to activate your windows anyway?? I have a pirated version and i slipstreamed successfully. I have installed SP2. But what will happen if I would like to repair my XP system. Will SP2 still be there??

digen

Youngling
khattam_ said:
Why do you have to activate your windows anyway?? I have a pirated version and i slipstreamed successfully. I have installed SP2. But what will happen if I would like to repair my XP system. Will SP2 still be there??
Firstly he has a genuine copy so comparing & giving a alternative is ridiculous.Depending upon how windows activation works & what hardware changes are made to the system he may need to activate windows.
For your second part,yes.

theraven

Technomancer
khattam_ said:

dont u learn dude ?
admittin openly u use a pirated copy of windows just creates hatred for u
ur just inviting flames ... if thats what u want go ahead ..

and stop giving ridiculous advice to people with genuine problems

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Windows activation file can be saved for future installations. One third party software supports this, i think it is XP manager and hope this is not illegal.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You don't really a third party software. Just backup wpa.dbl and wpabackup from the Windows/System32 directory and provided there are no major hardware changes when you reinstall XP, you can just boot into the Safe Mode, and then copy these files back in after renaming and moving the existing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom