SLI technology doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
Okay.
I've a huge trouble picking either two of GTS 450's or a single GTX560 Ti 448.
Please help.
Is 2 of GTS 450 better than one of gtx 560 Ti?
Does SLI seriously boost the performance of the GPU?
If yes, by how much then?
Should I go for GTX560 or gts 450?
TIA. :)

doomgiver

Warframe
pick a single gtx560.

sli boosts performance, but its not always like tot_perf = perf(a) + perf(b)
you'll usually get 1.8-2.5x peformance, wrt a single card, depending on the program you are using and other stuff.

imo, multi-gpu setups are for those who want multiple monitors, or who want the absolute best gaming performance, but for whom single gpu's (like gt580 or hd6970) just wont be powerful enough to do the job.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Most Modern High End AAA games Support SLI Optimised Performance.
Nvidia regularly releases updated SLI presets / profile for these games for max performance so SLI is definitely gonna give boost in such games however most of SLI Game or should i say all of them are in Deal with Nvidia..Minor or less known titles read non-nividia partners..may not feature dedicated sli profiles for max performance boost from SLI Config.And then you have to search for a workaround to pull maximum juice out of your SLI setup for max performance in a game.
So you should consider that too

Check This out:*uk.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560/performance
GTS 450 Lags behind GTX 560 .
Though these are official scores for base/referencce models and original benchmark performance are bound to vary from one manufacturer to other.
GTX 560 would be a good choice against GTS450 for single GPU setup.

pick a single gtx560.
imo, multi-gpu setups are for those who want multiple monitors
Read AMD eyefinity/ Nividia 3D Vision Surround.

OP
V

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
pick a single gtx560.

sli boosts performance, but its not always like tot_perf = perf(a) + perf(b)
you'll usually get 1.8-2.5x peformance, wrt a single card, depending on the program you are using and other stuff.

imo, multi-gpu setups are for those who want multiple monitors, or who want the absolute best gaming performance, but for whom single gpu's (like gt580 or hd6970) just wont be powerful enough to do the job.

I'm gonna watch HD movies and play games. That's it.
So, which one? :)
And 4gb ddr3*2, dell 19' LED, gts450*2 or 6tx560, i5-2500, and asus motherboard.
IS THIS GOOD enough for my needs?

OP
V

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
Most Modern High End AAA games Support SLI Optimised Performance.
Nvidia regularly releases updated SLI presets / profile for these games for max performance so SLI is definitely gonna give boost in such games however most of SLI Game or should i say all of them are in Deal with Nvidia..Minor or less known titles read non-nividia partners..may not feature dedicated sli profiles for max performance boost from SLI Config.And then you have to search for a workaround to pull maximum juice out of your SLI setup for max performance in a game.
So you should consider that too

Check This out:*uk.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560/performance
GTS 450 Lags behind GTX 560 .
Though these are official scores for base/referencce models and original benchmark performance are bound to vary from one manufacturer to other.
GTX 560 would be a good choice against GTS450 for single GPU setup.

Read AMD eyefinity/ Nividia 3D Vision Surround.

how about 2 of GTS450 vs 1 gtx 560??

Sujeet

Undead!!!
for single gpu solution gtx560ti is very good choice at 14k price point.
for gts450*2 you will need a lot of power....psu.
consider getting a zotac amp edition gtx560ti ...its factory overclocked..superb.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - which mobo, PSu and cpu do you have ?? for Playing games at 1440*900 a single gpu solution is more than enough but if you have not bought the mobo yet and want to spend a little extra get 2x HD7770s and run them in CF mode ;-)

OP
V

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
for single gpu solution gtx560ti is very good choice at 14k price point.
for gts450*2 you will need a lot of power....psu.
consider getting a zotac amp edition gtx560ti ...its factory overclocked..superb.

we can't do anything about the power?
and, does it heat too fast? o.o
so, for an amazing gaming performance, which one finally? 2 of gts450's or one gtx560ti?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Should have filled this in the very Beginning!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-graphic-card-buying-advice-template.html

OP
V

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
Should have filled this in the very Beginning!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-graphic-card-buying-advice-template.html
SORRY, I didn't see that.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:the computer dealer says that in the comp which i'm buying there's Corsair CX500 (he offered coolermaster, i said that people don't recommend that and so, i asked for a corsair and he told me that name^)

2. What is your budget?
Ans: 15-17k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans:I sincerely don't know. Anything to support FIFA12, COD, FarCry2, Left4Dead, Arkham City...

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: MY CURRENT COMP SUCKS. (12 year old)
okay, it has 1 GB ram, 2.0 pentium4 processor, some nVidia GPU ( dunno which one ) and i have two laptops which have 2 good graphic cars.. oh, don't ask me to type it all again. :\

and if you're asking for the new comp specs, then: 4gb ddr3*2 corsair, idk which GPU, i5-2500, P8H67 Asus, 19' DELL LED, 500 HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom