SLi rig question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit

Journeyman
have a look at this story....btw commercial launch of ps3 will bein 06....

*economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1113931.cms

rohanbee

Padawan
Ankit i agree you have a very valid point and so is mine. Dedicated machines are definately going to be much better at their job than a mult-tasking machine. But you have to understand that the computer actually gives you infinite opportunites. It might make it expensive to make it play songs better, games faster and so on so forth but then the options are limitless...

Now the original topic here is don't go for a graphic card which is high end but go in for a Ps2. Well you are both right and wrong !!

I say this is a catch 22 situation where no one is right or wrong........A guy hwo owns a computer spends on a graphics card and can use its capabilites for anything from gaming to applications to video editing to many other things all integrated in the same machine.

For ps 2 the options wil be limited to gaming, ok so now you can watch dvd's etc as well but at the end of the day it is still only best for gaming. Also eventually the PS2 will also be replaced by a better and brilliant PS3........so then you go over and buy new games since you will not be able to play the ps2 ones on that.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
can you compare todays games with those of ps2,

computers get faster , if you have the money computers win for overall gaming like fps, rts etc atleast

Tech&ME

Banned
Well I am sorry if i am going off track to this post, but resently i bought a ZABRONICS cabinet with AIR GUIDE with 400 watts SMPS, it costed me about Rs. 2000/-. The cabinet does not seem to be of a very good build quality. Anyways money matter and hence i had no other choice but to buy this.

Can anyone till me who is also using a ZABRONICS cabinet ? And what he feels about the cabinet. ? Should i change my cabinet to Antec ?

Ankit

Journeyman
agreed 100 percent rohanbee....
and akshyat...all the major games are available on ps2.....thing is u don't find them easily in india...as they are difficult to be copied...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I simply dont see why people compare a gaming console to a PC. We dont use the PC only for gaming. I still cant surf the net on my XBOX. Forget framerates and all. Just look at the sheer types of games available for the console as compared to the PC. How many RTS games comes for the console ? Just to give an example. If you say your gonna buy a PC only for gaming purpose most dont just use it for gaming. I see most gamers use their PC for the following:

1) games
2) surfing
3) listening to music
4) watching/ripping movies

Now of all the four you can do only 1 on the console. Is that a fair comparison ? And compared to console titles PC titles are far cheaper too. Hence its an unfair comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom