Right off the assembly line
Rig details
Intel core I5 - 2310 (2.9 Ghz )
4GB DDR3
1 GB GDDR5 HD 6670 HD
MOB intel DH61WW
Creative 5.1 sound card
500GB WD

I HAD A FOXIN non sli local 500W spms which costed me 600 INR, after running for 1 year the graphics card finally gave away, and within 5 days the smps died:shock:, now my question is, as that smps said 500W and the GPU optimum power requirement was 500W , it should have worked fine. Any idea what went wrong? And Right now Ive got one 450W sprinter iBALL SLI which costed me 2300 INR, why is this price difference where im getting 50W less than the previous one? (other than SLI is there a diff in power supply? ) :-(:cry:

P.S - IM GETTING THE GPU BACK IN SOME DAYS . SO PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER IT WILL RUN SMOOTHLY WITH THE NEW SMPS? :|

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Local PSU's do not deliver the same amount of power, as they are quoted..Using a local PSU with Gfx card can be quite taxing to your system in the long run.. Always get a pSU from a company like Corsair, FSP, Silverstone, Gigabyte etc..

That Iball sprinter is also a crappy PSU, u could have easily gone for Corsair VS450 at that price..
Back to your original question, your Gfx card should run fine (for now) but be prepared for bsod, power failure, and other problems..should your PSU start to fail..

For more information, read the PSU choosing guide and blacklist guide

Top Bottom