sli mobo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^^Bad thot even if u invest in one now and a 8600 l8r...

Heavier power consumption.. Additional cooling xpenses...

Anyways get an Asus P5N-E sli or a XFX 680iLT...

6k and 10k resp...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@gannu_rox

with ASUS P5N-E SLi is with 650i where as P5N32-E SLi with with 680i... :D

how ever I agree with you, when budget short one can surelly go with ASUS P5N-E SLi !!! board should prices around 6.5k !!! :D where as 680i ones will be over 10k !!

but I would agree on ASUS P5N-E SLi will be the Best buy :D

Ramstrong

Broken In
You didn't mention which processor you intend to buy? Last week I assembled a new PC with AMD 4200+ X2 (AM2 Socket), ASUS Crosshair MoBo, XFX 8800 GTS 320MB working in SLI mode. This MoBo is the best in its class (received the gold award from Digit MoBo review), very stable & an overclocker's delight. I bought it for Rs. 13500/= + 4% VAT in Bangalore.

OP
A

ayush rathi

Broken In
ill be using c2d ..but the problem with 650i chipset is that it if used in sli mode it offers only x8 to both the cards...will it be advisable to use a x16 card ..i mean will the cards perform upto their full extent on this chipset based mobo...??????

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Certain we have... ASUS P5N32-E SLi or XFX 680i SLi is the one's u would need to run x16 cards in SLi mode..

Both are available, please contact here, *www.rptechindia.com/rashib2c/htmls/network.asp will be priced over 12k for sure !!!!

Phalanx

Broken In
ayush rathi said:
ill be using c2d ..but the problem with 650i chipset is that it if used in sli mode it offers only x8 to both the cards...will it be advisable to use a x16 card ..i mean will the cards perform upto their full extent on this chipset based mobo...??????

Unless u play a very high res ,1600 and above, there wont be much performance difference between x8 and x16 Sli modes... So incase u game @1600 or lower res, opt for the 650i Sli chipset...

@Choto Cheeta

I think P5N32-E SLi is also a 650i Sli based mobo... Only somehow ASUS has made both PCI-E slots to operate in x16 mode...

Stalker

Padawan
Two 8600's give lesser performance than a single 8800gts.....i would advise u not to invest in SLi , atleast for the 8600 cards

XFX 680i SLi is a great mobo...

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^^Damn... XFX 680i SLi isnt yet available..

Only the LT variant is @ 10K + vat...

And its advisable to get a single 8800GTS 640 or even 320 fer dat m8r...

XFX is a beta option cosiderin the 1333MHz fsb...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Phalanx said:
@Choto Cheeta

I think P5N32-E SLi is also a 650i Sli based mobo... Only somehow ASUS has made both PCI-E slots to operate in x16 mode...

Source of Information Mate ??

As accordning to ASUS web site, P5N32-E SLi is one 680i chipset based board...

ASUS said:
Chipset
NVIDIA nForce® 680i SLI™
* Support SLI-Ready Memory Technology
Scalable Link Interface (SLI™)
Support two identical NVIDIA SLI-Ready graphics cards (both at x16 mode)

Phalanx

Broken In
@ Choto Cheeta

Oops!!! U r right... THe one I was talking about was P5N32-E SLI Plus... Wat a difference a 'Plus' can make!!!:D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Oops!!! U r right... THe one I was talking about was P5N32-E SLI Plus... Wat a difference a 'Plus' can make!!!

Can I have the product URL of that P5N32-E SLi Plus ??

as I cant find that board in ASUS site ??

Phalanx

Broken In
Choto Cheeta said:
Can I have the product URL of that P5N32-E SLi Plus ??

as I cant find that board in ASUS site ??

I did a product comparison here *in.asus.com/products_compare.aspx

For reviews check out these links *www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2958

*www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/24/seven_650i_sli_motherboards_compared/page6.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom