Silly question regarding ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
I recently got an ipod 20GB.

One of my friends told that since ipod contains a hard disk inside,it will crash very soon & that I must have baught an mp3 player which uses flash memeory.

Is there any particular way for maintaining the ipod so that the HDD lasts longer.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
dude bharat nothing is silly!!!!!! u just don't know it. :)
abt ur question.....rentacoder is right. but don't worry, actually my friend has an iPod also which has HDD. i dropped it twice :mrgreen: but LUCKILY it is still working fine. although this is a backdrop of HDD based mp3 players but u shud be proud of having such a HUGE capacity player. so go ahead, listen to gud tunes w/o worrying. i mean wat's the point of buying EXPENSIVE and less capacity flash mem based mp3 players, in which u have to reload songs everyday...lol

goobimama

 Macboy
HDD based players ARE succeptible to shocks. Though, these HDDs are made to absorb such shocks. If you drop is or do jerky movements, it will develop bad sectors and subsequently fail (it has, I know of it). But otherwise, normal use will not do any harm to it.

I am not saying that it is a bad buy, its excellent. Only thing is make sure you don't allow googly woogly stuff to happen to it....

ishaan

Padawan
yeah dude jus treat it like any other expensive thing..like a good fone or something

jus dont thro it around

tho i hav dropped it a few times..nothn happened

oh n if u wanna b more careful...u can get a case for ur ipod...loadsa companies make it n u can find em at gadget shops and even music shops...try 2 find a more cushiony kind so it will ease da fall

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
Thanks for ur replies guys...
So,I'll handle it with care.

When connected to usb...an ipod drive is seen my computer....so will running scandisk help in maintenance

madman123

Broken In
i don't think u should touch the hard-disk with anything..
jus leave it as it is and everything will be perfect...

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
One thing more about iPod that what we do when internal battery will over then where to get replace it?

For hdd, normal use won't harm harddisk until you slip it from your hands and drop it on the floor.

ishaan

Padawan
i think the internal battery will last for a long time. but even then, there are loadsa companies who will change the batt for you. maybe even apple does it...example - *eshop.macsales.com/shop/ipod/batteryreplacement/

plus u can also chek dis out - *catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=&pcount=&Product_Id=148969

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom