Shreeux's Movie Chronicles

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Allure is an intriguing depth as a psychological drama nor the suspense of a thriller its end in confusion state.

Allure (2017) 4/10
Not Rated | 1h 45min | Drama, Romance, Thriller | 6 April 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Galveston is a tough and uncompromising crime drama with a neo-noir model of narrative efficiency anchored by excellent perform by Ben Foster.

Galveston (2018) 6/10
Not Rated | 1h 31min | Action, Crime, Drama | 19 October 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
The movie based on the second World War situation involving the Japanese who massacred over 250,000 Chinese. This was in retaliation for the Chinese helping to protect some 64 American airmen who had bombed Japan. The acting was superb & the subtitling did not detract from the overall effect of the movie that captures the human spirit that transcends language.

In Harm's Way (2017) 6/10
Feng huo fang fei (original title)
1h 37min | History, Romance, War | 10 November 2017

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Tamil movie star Dhanush toplines this adaptation of Romain Puertolas' best-selling book, about a man from Mumbai who gets lost in Europe. Overall less gripping plot story till the end.

The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir (2018) 5/10
1h 32min | Comedy, Drama | 30 May 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
THE LEGEND
In the year of 754 AD, during a time of epic battles and bloodshed, the legend of the pagan warrior king.

Redbad (2018) 5/10
2h 40min | Action, Adventure, Drama | 28 June 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Roma made in B/W but visually beautiful and cinematography is amazing. In 1970s Mexico City, two domestic workers help a mother of four while her husband is away for an extended period of time. Simple plot slow pace makes everything feel so real and very immersive.

Roma (2018) 6.5/10

R | 2h 15min | Drama | 21 November 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Journey's End is a powerful and moving tribute to the men who fought in the trenches.

Journey's End (2017) 5.5/10
R | 1h 47min | Drama, War | 2 February 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
A simple plot drama around three employees of a wholesale market in between little story, dialogue. Wonderfully naturalistic. Partly nice and easy. Partially tragic heavy.

In the Aisles (2018) 5.5/10
In den Gängen (original title)
Not Rated | 2h 5min | Drama | 24 May 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Based on a true story, In 1939 Poland, The Zookeeper's Wife is a compelling World War II drama about the effort to rescue Jews from the Nazi Holocaust. Jessica Chastain's excellent performance to steal the whole movie.

The Zookeeper's Wife (2017) 6.5/10
PG-13 | 2h 7min | Biography, Drama, History | 7 April 2017

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
A well-known story about Mary Magdalene. A well made it as an emotional and engrossing film with excellent performances from all. the music is great and the pacing is really nice.

Mary Magdalene (2018) 5.5/10
Not Rated | 2h | Drama | 16 March 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
A thief, expert with a blowtorch, is hired by a group of the Russian mob for a bank assault.

Plan de fuga (2016) 6/10

1h 45min | Crime, Drama, Thriller | 28 April 2017

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Not being offensive, but I am not sure how many here benefits from your one liner reviews. I am yet to see anyone else's response on this thread.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Not being offensive, but I am not sure how many here benefits from your one liner reviews. I am yet to see anyone else's response on this thread.

I don't know, Maybe most of the interest in Hollywood or Super Heros Movies only...Here Mostly cover other than Hollywood or World Movies.

Did you watch anyone recently apart from Hollywood?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Coen Brothers have done it again come with beautiful Western anthology film with Six-parts, each chapter tells a distinct story about the American West.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018) 7/10
R | 2h 13min | Comedy, Drama, Musical | 9 November 2018

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Unbelieveable this was an Indonesian movie. A well made a typical western noir rape-revenge movie with brutally seeking justice.The cinematography and BGM is another top notch for an entire movie.

Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts (2017) 7/10
1h 33min | Drama, Thriller | 16 November 2017 (Indonesia)

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF SURVIVAL
Based on Josh Malerman’s novel, “Bird Box” is a blindfold survival-psychological thriller movie with tense till the end without any scary scenes.

Bird Box (2018) 6/10
R | 2h 4min | Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi | 21 December 2018

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I don't know, Maybe most of the interest in Hollywood or Super Heros Movies only...Here Mostly cover other than Hollywood or World Movies.

Did you watch anyone recently apart from Hollywood?

I have watched few Indonesian, Korean etc. movies, but I didn't see your point before. Looks like atleast I can use your list to find out good non-holly/bolly movies. Thank you!

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I have watched few Indonesian, Korean etc. movies, but I didn't see your point before. Looks like atleast I can use your list to find out good non-holly/bolly movies. Thank you!

Fine, But need more patience other than Holly. Chose above 6 rated only

What genre you like, I will recommend accordingly.

Top Bottom