Shreeux's Movie Chronicles

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
7th Floor is an Argentinian thriller, directed by Patxi Amezcua,Starring Ricardo Darin and Belen Rueda. Despite the interesting premise and a promising trailer, For the first half of the film I was having a decent time and enjoying the thrilling story, but the resolution and twists in the final 20 minutes or so are very unsatisfying and far fetched. It ruined my entire perception of the film,.

7th Floor (2013) 5.5/10
"Séptimo" (original title)
R | 88 min | Mystery, Thriller | 5 September 2013

Last edited:
OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Murk is a solid psychological thriller without any overt violence and good acting. However, as befalls so many psychological thrillers it tends to fall apart in the last 30 minutes, but still well worth watching. For the first hour or so this is a very solid thriller with some good acting (Nikolaj Lie Kaas is quite excellent) and a pretty intense atmosphere, but in the second half the plot starts to fall apart a little and the conclusion is rather predictable.

Murk (2005) 6/10
"Mørke" (original title)
124 min | Drama, Thriller | 7 October 2005

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
A harrowing 34-day ordeal of survival and endurance, Against The Sun is based on Robert Trumbull's novel The Raft. It's a true story that occurred during the World War II.

Against the Sun (2014) 6/10
12 | 100 min | Adventure | 6 March 2015

On January 16, 1942, three US Naval Air Force men, airborne in the South Pacific seas, realise that they have strayed away from their course. They don't have enough fuel to get back to their aircraft carrier and the inevitable happens. The aircraft crash lands into the sea and sinks, but not before the three could struggle to cling onto an inflatable rubber raft.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Bitter Flowers is the first movie in the Norwegian crime series of Varg Veum, which consists of 12 movies. All the movies are based on books by Gunnar Staalesen.

A girl has gone missing, the police are without a trace, and private investigator Veum decides to solve the case by himself. He discovers a murder, which mysteriously has something to do with the disappearance.

The movie serves an exciting story with some claustrophobic and sinister scenes.

Varg Veum - Bitre blomster (2007)
90 min | Crime, Drama, Thriller | 28 September 2007 (Norway)

Varg Veum is the central character in a series of crime novels, written by the Norwegian author Gunnar Staalesen, about a private detective who lives in Bergen, on the west coast of Norway. The books have been translated into several languages, including English, German, and Swedish.

List of Films

First Series

• Bitre Blomster (Bitter Flowers) (September 2007)
  • Tornerose (Sleeping Beauty) (January 2008)
  • Din Til Døden (Yours Until Death) (March 2008)
  • Falne Engler (Fallen Angels) (April 2008)
  • Kvinnen i Kjøleskapet (The Woman In The Fridge) (September 2008)
  • Begravde Hunder (Buried Dogs) (October 2008)
Second Series

• Skriften på Veggen (The Writing on the Wall) (November 2010)
  • Svarte Får (Black Sheep) (January 2011)
  • Dødens drabanter (Consorts of Death) (April 2011)
  • I mørket er alle ulver grå (At Night All Wolves Are Grey) (November 2011)
  • De døde har det godt (The Dead Have It Easy) (January 2012)
  • Kalde hjerter (Cold Hearts) (March 2012)

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Machine is a AI film that is definitely worth a watch for those that enjoy the genre. It has a rather basic idea of a story, but I think despite that it was still well done and quite enjoyable.

The Machine (2013) 6/10
15 | 91 min | Sci-Fi, Thriller | 21 March 2014

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Steven Seagal as a cop who's double-crossed by his partner and then relieved from duty. But a new opportunity presents itself when an old friend hires him to protect his daughter.

The Keeper (2009) 5/10
15 | 94 min | Action, Crime, Thriller | 3 October 2009

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Signal its not definitely for everyone. It has a premise, but there's really top notch organize plot. The acting, for the most part, is top-notch. Brenton Thwaites, hot off the set of "Oculus", gives a very compelling performance, and Laurence Fishburne puts on his best Morpheus impression to unsettling results. The film starts out as a road-trip movie until it's turned upside-down into a sort of jail-break type movie. The first half of the film is very mysterious and intriguing while the second half is more intense. The special effects and cinematography look amazing, Its budget action-packed sci-fi film.

The Signal (2014) 6.7/10
15 | 97 min | Sci-Fi, Thriller | 27 March 2015

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Time travel premise with tons of suspense. The direction from Nacho Vigalondo and performance from Karra Elejalde are brilliant in my opinion and really put the viewer in the centre of the action. An admirable effort that is always compelling. Plenty of unexpected twists. Like a small, intimate B-movie pulled off with amazing puzzles.

Timecrimes (2007) 6.5/10
"Los cronocrímenes" (original title)
15 | 92 min | Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller | 6 February 2009

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Sinister 2 is a sequel to the surprise hit, however this film doesn't in any form resemble the word sequel, without creepiness and tense.,

Sinister 2 (2015) 4.5/10
15 | 97 min | Horror, Mystery, Thriller | 21 August 2015

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Bad Neighbours is a briskly paced comedy that delivers a really satisfying number of laughs. But it does build to some hilarious scenes and the actors make their characters believable within situations that obviously could never happen in real life.

Bad Neighbours (2014) 6/10
"Neighbors" (original title)
15 | 97 min | Comedy | 3 May 2014

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Being a fan of Brit Marling ....
I Origins is a daring, absorbing and though-provoking sci-fi romantic drama whose grand ideas and occasional flashes of greatness pose controversial, hair-raising questions and look for their equally fascinating answers.

I Origins (2014) 7/10
15 | 1h 46min | Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi | 25 September 2014

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I Spit on Your Grave look a B-grade movie with vengeance...withou tense...Compare to remake of I Spit on Your Grave (2010) was far better.,

I Spit on Your Grave (1978) 5/10
Day of the Woman (original title)
(Banned) | 1h 41min | Horror | 22 November 1978

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Escobar: Paradise Lost, the editing generates excitement and anxiety, creating an interesting and special style that reflects a cinematic signature for Andrea Di Stefano’s impressive début as a director. In addition, the hand held camera movement in every scene makes us feel emotions and sensations. Benicio Del Toro's magnetic presence looms over the whole film like a terrifying menace.

Escobar: Paradise Lost (2014) 6.5/10
15 | 2h | Crime, Drama, Romance | 21 August 2015

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Wolf Totem has some of the most exciting, mind-blowing scenes of nature. Visually stunning autobiographical film involving Mongolians shepherds and wolves, both groups affected by encroaching settlements and bureaucratic regulations enforced by the Communist Party overseers, during the Cultural Revolution in China in the late 1960s. Evidently forgiven for Seven Years in Tibet, Annaud returns to China for this adaptation of Lu Jiamin's autobiographical novel, written under the pseudonym Jiang Rong.

Wolf Totem (2015) 7/10
"Espírito de Lobo" (original title)
PG-13 | 2h 1min | Adventure | 19 February 2015

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Can you tell me which movie was "Zajbaa" was made from? You mentioned in an earlier post but I couldn't find it.
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me which movie was "Zajbaa" was made from? You mentioned in an earlier post but I couldn't find it.
Thanks.

ashs1

Padawan
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

did you mean jazbaa ??
i think jazbaa was a remake of the korean movie seven days.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
12 Rounds 3: Lockdown...There is no game in 12 rounds only shooting 12 rounds, insane plot...Its just Lockdown in building like Die hard other than nothing else............!!!

12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (2015) 5/10

15 | 1h 30min | Action, Crime, Thriller | 11 September 2015

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Being a fan of "Bad Guy","The Coast Guard,", "Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring" , "3-Iron ","Dream","Pieta","Moebius"....

Kim Ki Duk is one of the rare contemporary directors who use silence immaculately..Always his cinematography and background will scores beautiful. One of Kim Ki Duk greatest strengths is to keep the audiences guessing...He starts off in one direction and then goes off track altogether. But this film end was not effective.,

The Bow (2005) 6.5/10
Hwal (original title)
15 | 1h 30min | Drama, Romance | 12 May 2005

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Its true story of French high-wire artist Philippe Petit's attempt to cross the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974.

The Walk feels strangely groovy in its recreation of such a miraculous feat. It is as much a remembrance to the towers as it is a story of a wire walker.

The Walk (2015) 7/10
PG | 2h 3min | Adventure, Biography, Drama | 9 October 2015

Top Bottom