Should I wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Hi ppl ... thr's an annoying doubt I have here...I was planning to buy a 6600 GT based system in a few days, but with the release of the 7800GTX, things ve become a bit complicated. One of my friends advises me to wait for some time before buying, since the 6800 GT would become affordable now, since the new gen cards are coming out
On the other hand I m stuck with a crappy system right now...and cant seem to wait too long :oops:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Well if you are getting restless then go and buy one..

Otherwise waiting always helps.... As the prices are always falling....

rohanbee

Padawan
Well thats the computer world for you. First you wait then you wait and then you keep on waiting. My suggestion if you really want it and its in your budget ......go ahead.

Even if you do wait and buy the 7800gtx there wil be some 8000 card after that and so on.

OP
R

Ringwraith

Journeyman
yeah ofcourse one can go on waiting...but wat i m asking here is:
1) Are 6800GT prices really gonna drop? If yes, then how soon and by how much?

Actually I dont wanna be in a situation that in another couple of months, X800xl/6800 GT prices come to arnd 14-15k thereabouts :p.....This is really an indeterminate problem :) but hardcore hardware watchers might be able to come up with an estimate!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@Ringwraith
may b it will come down in a month or 2 and dunno exactly by how much but i guess 4-5k not more then dat i feel.

D

dinesh_singh

well said rohanbee.
man if want something just go and buy smart.
coz prices will fall for sure but nothing will cost u free....when u will be in a position of buying 6800gt there would be 7800 gtx which will cost u around rs 30k.and moreover new demanding games will arrive for sure.which will ask ur soul to change ur decision and wait for some more time to get a gtx 7800 at real low price.so why dont u wait for 3-4 years.....by then the cell processor will b modified to be used for graphic processing....and it will kick a gtx 7800 or sumthink lke that to moon.and will cost u arround 20k.if u say it wonk cost such cheap.....then i say how can u say 6800gt will cost u cheap in 2 -3 months.u too are guessing coz the trend is like that.
and by waiting like this u are just missing something.

i m not saying that ushuld buy anything anytime....but all i m sying is to buy it smart.
and at present if u are in a budget of 20k go for powecolor x800 xl and if arround 13k then go for a gt6600.waiting for a better one in c IT industry is not a smart move...yes it is but in rarest cases.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well Dude, if u keep on waiting anbd waiting and waiting, then u will most probably miss ur BUS, well the point is as everyone said that in today's life of hi tech gadgets and PC components where a new porduct is launched in a BLINK of an Eye, then u can go for components wich suit ur budget Bro ! and go for a card wich u r satisfiesd with...Coz even a nVIDIA Ge Force FX 5200 grapgics card was considered a monster a couple of years back but soon it was kicked out of the Graphics league jus bcoz sum new variants of Graphics cards ruled the market...

So jus go out and buy a card that u like the most and (wich supports ur system) wich is the most important factor :wink:

chers n e-peace

quad master

In the zone
6800GT prices will be dropping for sure.

The AGP version is within 20K now.

Read this
*www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4998

Also have look at this discussion here
*www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4726

Hope this helped you in deciding

OP
R

Ringwraith

Journeyman
tough call indeed :O ...thanx for the help guys, seeing the discussion on techenclave made me a bit shaky..but i think i m gonna get ahead with the shopping neways :mrgreen:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Ringwraith
i am also in the same situation as u. was planning to buy a 6600gt and this damn new series has been launched now. ill just wait for a month more max and then buy the 6600gt or the 6800gt (pci-e) if it comes around 15k.

OP
R

Ringwraith

Journeyman
hmmm me will try to get gainward golden samples/leadtek extreme eds. of 6600gts since i heard they give very good performances....
dont think the 6800gt prices will drop in a month tho!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Ringwraith said:
hmmm me will try to get gainward golden samples/leadtek extreme eds. of 6600gts since i heard they give very good performances....
dont think the 6800gt prices will drop in a month tho!

plz let us know which card u buy and the price u get it for. most of the gainward golden samples are not available in india :( ( i had checked with mediatech) , ill go for leadtek extreme series and hey u r located at hyderabad and u will get the best deal for leadtek i think. (zebronics is also located at hyderabad). plz do lemme know the details of your card when u buy it. thanx.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
my advice to u is wait for a month prices of 6800 utra will be reduced by atlest 4 to 5 thousand then u can go for the same also 7800 is a great card and the coast 600 $ approximaty 30 rupess to 37 thousand prices of the same will fall also the card is way to powerfull for ultra to match also it allo pixel shader2 ++ were as 6800ultra supports shader 2 trust me if u can wait can spend a liitle more cash rather then buying 6800 gt or utra this will be a good buy

godzi_85

In the zone
^^^ lol dude he`s contemplating on buying a 6600gt. and only the 6800gt if the price fall is substantial..(Which is as the agp leadtek costs only 17k now)
so even if he stretches his budget maxx.. he still won't be able to afford the 7800 gtx.. its way out of reach for most...

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
yes i realised that later i dint look but any ways i think he wiil be in a better postion if he waits this month as price are sure to crash down for all the products soory about the mistake

cybershastri

Journeyman
Hi all,

Where can we get NVIDIA 7800 in India, especially in Bangalore. Whats the price? Also whats the current price of 6800GT AGP version.

Thanks.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Check out iceware on Brigade road. I gather that those guys have some high-end stuff over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom