Should I wait for Mi4 or not?

Chetan1991

Youngling
Xiaomi has announced the Mi4 and it expected to be launched in Q3. I like its design much more than the Mi3's, but apart from that is its 801 processor and 3GB RAM going to make enough of a difference to justify the wait and extra price?

I am considering selling my Xperia SP for the Mi3. Would it be wise to buy Mi3 now, in case I later decide to sell it for the Mi4 since I'm assuming my Sony Xperia will have quite a resale value even after a few months while the Mi3 being a Chinese phone, not so much.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Doesn't bother me that much. 3G has theoretical speeds of 42 Mbps. If I can get half that within next 2-3 years, that would be enough. Besides the 4G spectrum being used in our country isn't widely adapted. Changing that to a more common one will take years.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
hmm but who knows when they'll launch Mi4 into indian market and at what price ?

Mi4 is a minor upgrade only .. the CPU/GPU is same it would hardly make any difference in real life.. had they equipped it with sd 805 then it would have made sense to wait ..

the only benefit in waiting for Mi4 would be 4g and android 5.0

3gb ram is a good advantage but only for future proofing , it won't serve much purpose in real life at least not for the next 1-2 years or so

who knows whether they will even launch in india right now or after 6-8 months..

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
Since Mi4 was launched with a price $320 for 16Gb, I expect this phone to launch with 16k Price tag in India.
Given the memory it offers and with 4G support its worth the Buck. Going with Mi3 aint a bad bet as of now.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
right now mi3 is a good one..
but if you are gonna wait till mi4 is launched you will probably be able to have OPO as an option too
mi4 has better camera also compared to mi3 and its ipv6 certified, 3g ram is a sizeable upgrade..in real time im not yet sure how it matters..
the display is an upgrade too and probably with a steel frame it has a better build quality ,swappable back covers are other features

so if you can wait for mi4 then do it..though i doubt it would be as cheap as mi3

here is a comparison
*cdn.lowyat.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Xiaomi-Mi-4-vs-Mi-3-600x328.png

and a review to go along with it

Hands-on with the Xiaomi Mi 4 Android Smartphone

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Since Mi4 was launched with a price $320 for 16Gb, I expect this phone to launch with 16k Price tag in India.
Given the memory it offers and with 4G support its worth the Buck. Going with Mi3 aint a bad bet as of now.

bro 320 $ = Rs 19,200

how come you expect it to be priced anything less than that ? or are you taking about releasing for 16k after 6 months or so ?

14k vs 20k is quite a difference

123hero

In the zone
Xiaomi has announced the Mi4 and it expected to be launched in Q3. I like its design much more than the Mi3's, but apart from that is its 801 processor and 3GB RAM going to make enough of a difference to justify the wait and extra price?

I am considering selling my Xperia SP for the Mi3. Would it be wise to buy Mi3 now, in case I later decide to sell it for the Mi4 since I'm assuming my Sony Xperia will have quite a resale value even after a few months while the Mi3 being a Chinese phone, not so much.

IMHO.........no need for waiting for Xiaomi Mi4........the snapdragon 800 is just more than enough to run atleast 50 apps simultaneously without the slightest lag...what more do you need..
the negative i have is the cameras low light photos......really not that great for a flagship and Samsung still beats everyone in the business with its Super AMOLED Plus screen hands down......
Hence if u are waiting then go for the OnePlus One ...i guess Mi4 will be around 20k when it launches......or else buck up and buy it on 29th

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I suggest u wait for Mi4

SP isn't bad either and is not giving u slowdown problems I guess
so just wait a little more and then proceed

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Yeah I think I'm going to wait for the Mi4 or OPO to arrive in India.

I got blinded by the awesome spec.s and pricing, but Mi3's weird design isn't something I can look at every day. Aesthetics matters, even when you aren't the show off type. Also Mi3 doesn't has Image stabilization, right?

Top Bottom