Should i use UPS?

btr22

Right off the assembly line
I always used apc ups but bought a new gold PSU so decided to go without using any ups this time. which i'm not fully comfortable with.

remember hearing that you don't need any ups with good power supply is this true or myth? does using ups damages PSU in anyway overtime?

You live in India, right? Even big cities have power cuts at times, so better to use a UPS to prevent any sudden shutdown when the power goes. If you have an inverter at home which can act as a big UPS, then no need for a separate UPS for PC.

OP
btr22

btr22

You live in India, right? Even big cities have power cuts at times, so better to use a UPS to prevent any sudden shutdown when the power goes. If you have an inverter at home which can act as a big UPS, then no need for a separate UPS for PC.
yeah from india but i also have home inverter. another problem i also have with PSU is the annoying sound when it switches from home inverter to main. it stays on for couple of hours... any idea what is that? i had this earlier PSU as well.

yeah from india but i also have home inverter. another problem i also have with PSU is the annoying sound when it switches from home inverter to main. it stays on for couple of hours... any idea what is that? i had this earlier PSU as well.
Likely inverter is not pure sinewave, some PSUs want that pure sinewave input, something like that. Which PSU?

OP
btr22

btr22

Likely inverter is not pure sinewave, some PSUs want that pure sinewave input, something like that. Which PSU?
I mean from using inverter to main power.. inverter is a good one promising pure sinewave. must be UPS related i thought. this is 3rd PSU and all had the same noise when main power comes back online.

I mean from using inverter to main power.. inverter is a good one promising pure sinewave. must be UPS related i thought. this is 3rd PSU and all had the same noise when main power comes back online.
Which PSU? Also if your inverter has UPS mode, its not recommended to have UPS connected to inverter

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
I am also in dilemma to buy which UPS. The PSU I use is 750w and the current old APC is pretty much dead.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I am also in dilemma to buy which UPS. The PSU I use is 750w and the current old APC is pretty much dead.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
I use APC BX1100 along with my 750W PSU as I doubt my system's total power usage along with 1 monitor will cross 500W while gaming. I got about 10mins of gaming once from the UPS.

bubusam13

Human
How is APC APC BX1100 ? I have BX600C-IN and it's not that good. I mostly face outages of less than 1 min, until the DG starts, but sometimes I face interruption with this UPS which is around 8 months old. I once lost an HDD with precious memories due to an abrupt shutdown, so I am searching for a better UPS.

How is APC APC BX1100 ? I have BX600C-IN and it's not that good. I mostly face outages of less than 1 min, until the DG starts, but sometimes I face interruption with this UPS which is around 8 months old. I once lost an HDD with precious memories due to an abrupt shutdown, so I am searching for a better UPS.
It runs my PC for 5mins of gaming along with monitor.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
BX600C-IN works fine with my setup for the last 3 years. either yours is faulty or your system is much more heavier than mine.

quicky008

Technomancer
BX Series upses from apc don't have any proper voltage regulator in them (despite claims to the contrary on the product documentation and list of features).Therefore if you live in an area where voltage fluctuations are rampant,then avoid them entirely.

BX Series upses from apc don't have any proper voltage regulator in them (despite claims to the contrary on the product documentation and list of features).Therefore if you live in an area where voltage fluctuations are rampant,then avoid them entirely.
Heard this a lot, but what is the alternative for a similar price? Zebronics & Enter 1kVa are clearly worse, those don't give as much battery life & battery wears out faster, parents have one, a friend has the other.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
this post from quicky008 and following posts has some more info on APC's model 1000G
@quicky008 Any idea if this model is still good ?

*www.flipkart.com/apc-br1000g-in-up...ghezwunu4y681627565950755&qH=710fb780860c9bcb

bubusam13

Human
Just to add to this discussion, I have this "iball nirantar ups 622" which used to perform very bad. But then I changed the battery to an Excide 12V model and it's performing better.

My system in which APC was connected is a minimal configuration system, Ryzen 5700G, 450W PSU two HDD and a 24inch monitor. Now I connected the UPS to my 58inch TV and router. But still the same issue. One of my friend purchased the same for his new PS4 :p and TV and he too is complaining.

this post from quicky008 and following posts has some more info on APC's model 1000G
@quicky008 Any idea if this model is still good ?

*www.flipkart.com/apc-br1000g-in-up...ghezwunu4y681627565950755&qH=710fb780860c9bcb
LOL for that amount I will purchase a full fledge inverter cum UPS system.

Top Bottom