Should i upgrade my GPU or wait for next gen cards?

Badmash

Journeyman
Ok i have 7850 2 gb card and its running all the recent games at max detail and even crysis 3 at almost max at 1080p. Should i upgrade my card to 7970 or something to play nxt gen games like watch dogs, Bf4 at max? Or should i wait couple of months if new cards are coming by that time?

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
Ok here are my system specs, anything more need to know let me know:

Cpu : i5 2500K
Ram : 8GB sniper
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze
MotherBoard: Asus P8 Z77-V PRO
GPU: Saphire 7850 HD

Ok here are my system specs, anything more need to know let me know:

Cpu : i5 2500K
Ram : 8GB sniper
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze
MotherBoard: Asus P8 Z77-V PRO
GPU: Saphire 7850 HD
The system is perfectly fine for gaming. Just overclock the CPu and GPU and you are good to go. And which PSU? Not using any aftermarket cooler?

Google it. There are many guides available. And DO read many of them and clear all concepts before progressing with the process. But first of all, get a new cooler, the stock cooler is not at all intended for overclocking.

varun004

Journeyman
dump that 7850. You got the money to spend get something special like gtx 770 killer of a card. Stay away from overclocking stuff damages the parts reduces the life. You can boast and show off your 770 to your friends and boost your ego. Enjoy life man.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I would recommend you to get a 7850 or 7870 and crossfire it with your existing 7850, the performance will be equal to a gtx 680 or a 7970 ;)

dump that 7850. You got the money to spend get something special like gtx 770 killer of a card. Stay away from overclocking stuff damages the parts reduces the life. You can boast and show off your 770 to your friends and boost your ego. Enjoy life man.
well well well if he would be that RICH he would have bought without even thinking ....
I would recommend you to get a 7850 or 7870 and crossfire it with your existing 7850, the performance will be equal to a gtx 680 or a 7970 ;)
thats a good option ....... ^^

varun004

Journeyman
never corssfire mid range card ever always buy a single high performance card avoid crossfire/sli drivers aint that good. 2 cards will suck more power and more heat in the process. So go for 770 if possible.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
why would you even want to upgrade, when already it delivers the optimal performance you require ?
Just wait a year or two before making another mid range bump

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
they are neck to neck. But if you are buying nvidia for first time than go for 770 there drivers are better than amd.

yep nvidia's drivers are better but that may be for multi gpus only and did you heard about the recent driver issue of nvidia ?

Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs - ModCrash

@op, if you are afraid that those games might not run, then wait for them to release, then see if they work (dont forget overclocking). Then if they dont work, you'll have many more options to upgrade.

varun004

Journeyman
the only next gen card is coming from amd the 8000 series. Nvidia maxwell maybe next year. Even then current high end gpus are capable enough to handle any next gen titles simply because they are going to run on consoles which have mid range gpus in them.

Top Bottom