Should I upgrade from Creative sound blaster 5.1 or stick to realtek audio output from motherboard

Knight2A4

In the zone
Hello & Welcome to this thread

When i upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 There was a problem creative sound blaster 5.1 was not only out dated but creative had stopped it development also & also stop releasing new drivers for the audio card. I had to spend days searching web for drivers. But i am not sure if the experience is as best as it was with xp also no new drivers means it also limited to audio only ......... I like playing games watching movies & listen to music ... So wanted to ask weather it's good to upgrade to a new sound card or to stick to creative sound blaster or to switch to realtek onborad sound solution. Specially went some card like Asus Xonar DG only cost around 1600 Rs .... & if you are suggesting a new card please suggest PCI cards only PCI-e x1 slot has been covered over by my HD 7750

Thanks

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Should I upgrade from Creative sound blaster 5.1 or stick to realtek audio output from motherboa

You can get drivers from this website.
PAX Drivers

cricketinfo

Broken In
Re: Should I upgrade from Creative sound blaster 5.1 or stick to realtek audio output from motherboa

yupe get the drivers, or if ya still want to drain the money consider donating it to my 25k rig whch has overshot its budget to 30k (i wsh i cld pluck those 5k from a money plant)..

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone

Thanks Guy for your help but after a long serach did i found out that the model no. of my card is ct4810 and the response on web was
If it helps any that card model number, CT4810 is also known as the Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI. One thing I can tell you is that that card is so old (something like 10 years if not older) that there will never be a driver for Windows 7 for it. You may be able to find a modded driver or a workaround of some kind, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Will stick with realtek until i upgrade to a better audio system ...........

avtar2008

Broken In

I think realtek audio chip on your G31 won't be able to drive your x540 to there full potential, so my suggestion is to buy a asus dg,

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone

Already order that will get delivery today .........:mrgreen:

Top Bottom