Should I take a gap year in place of taking up a job/ going for further studies?

©mß

Journeyman
I am in my final year of CS and want to give a whole year to game development after graduation rather than taking up a job in companies like TCS, Infosys, etc. or going for masters.

I still work on game development but I don't get as much time as I need to give to it. I don't find it beneficial attending the college, I feel like I'm wasting my time studying these subjects in place of which I could've just focused on game development but the 75% attendance criteria just don't allow me to do so.

So what should I really do after my graduation?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I was in the exact same dilemma as you, same thoughts of doing game dev.
However I ended up joining a product company and havent regretted my decision. Gamedev in india pays like shit. You are better off becoming a mainstream developer.
Go for a product based company, get exposure then maybe in the future think of gamedev. Right now, you are not exposed to CICD and design pipelines. Trust me, as a solo developer, I know the hurdles you may be going through. Your foremost task would be to find a proper product company to join in.
Just my thoughts.

Top Bottom