1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Should I take a gap year in place of taking up a job/ going for further studies?

Discussion in 'Career Planning and Progression' started by ©mß, Aug 5, 2018.

1. ©mß

©mß Member

I am in my final year of CS and want to give a whole year to game development after graduation rather than taking up a job in companies like TCS, Infosys, etc. or going for masters.

I still work on game development but I don't get as much time as I need to give to it. I don't find it beneficial attending the college, I feel like I'm wasting my time studying these subjects in place of which I could've just focused on game development but the 75% attendance criteria just don't allow me to do so.

So what should I really do after my graduation?

2. Nerevarine

Nerevarine Well-Known Member

I was in the exact same dilemma as you, same thoughts of doing game dev.
    However I ended up joining a product company and havent regretted my decision. Gamedev in india pays like shit. You are better off becoming a mainstream developer.
    Go for a product based company, get exposure then maybe in the future think of gamedev. Right now, you are not exposed to CICD and design pipelines. Trust me, as a solo developer, I know the hurdles you may be going through. Your foremost task would be to find a proper product company to join in.
    Just my thoughts.