Should i have a Dual boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hey guys i just wanna clarify with you Whether my graphic card is good for gaming or not

Please specify how good is my graphic card and should i have a Dual boot specially for gaming ???

When i play GTA4 , mafia 2 and all while driving the car fastly i get myself stuck and then stuck and then slowly .. while shooting of fighting it's ok

Please let me know how good it is !

Specs:

CPU Type : QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz (9 x 267)

Motherboard Name : Intel Montpelier DQ35MP (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

(I mean 4gb RAM onboard )

Motherboard Chipset : Intel Bearlake Q35

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (896 MB)

OS and Drivers :

I have never installed any driver except Nvidia's on my own interest
All the drivers were the one which came with Win7

u want me to reinstall ??

My background apps :
bayimg - image: Untitled.png - free uncensored image hosting

Processes:

Forget MeGui and MPC ! i Know !

more details :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/140277-my-graphic-card-good.html#post1388866

Rajesh345

Youngling
should i have a Dual boot specially for gaming ???

i seen many people using Linux as primary os and using Windwos just for weekend gaming
I have never installed any driver except Nvidia's on my own interest
All the drivers were the one which came with Win7

Try installing ALL Latest driver from manufracture 's site

- Try running cc cleaner and do a registry scan

- Use a Defrag software to defrag ur H.D if u nvr did

- Install a Free A.V and Firewall like Commodo Internet security or COmmodo firewall+Avast or avira and do weekly full scan

since u have 4GB ram make sure u using 64 bit OS

Processes:

CLick SHow process from all users and post ss , ur desktop showing almost no application running(tune up , utorrent , and 2 more BUT Taskmgr showing total 56 process

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I am surprised to see such a powerfull proccy + Graphics card combination lagging in GTA IV

My Celeron and 9500 gt combinaiton runs GTA IV at 20 fps with no problem whatsoever

I think its a virus..do a scan using this Online AV- HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
I am surprised to see such a powerfull proccy + Graphics card combination lagging in GTA IV

My Celeron and 9500 gt combinaiton runs GTA IV at 20 fps with no problem whatsoever

I think its a virus..do a scan using this Online AV- HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

I'm sure it isn't a virus
OTHER GAMES ARE FINE
bulletstorm is perfect ....

here is the mafia benchmark
Check this
Download Rec.avi from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Last edited:
GTA IV has be ported to PC poorly. So stuttering is normal. You can try installing the latest update for the game and it might solve the lagging issue.

If gaming is the main purpose of your PC, then you don't need to have dual boot.

gameranand

Living to Play
@ TheMost
Your PC is fine just keep your Drivers updated because there are some drivers which gives a significant amount of performance boost in many games like the new Nvidia Driver which significantly improved performance of DA2.
GTA4 is very resource hungry game and don't run at fine fps even at damn good PCs.
If you use Linux then you have to dual boot because games don't run on Linux but if you are already a windows fan then you don't have to.

Neuron

Electronic.
while driving the car fastly i get myself stuck

You never said which PSU you have.While I was using 9800GT with an underpowered PSU ,similar things happened to me especially the quoted part.The faster the car goes the more the amount of processing to be done and the more the amount of power required and when the PSU isn't able to produce that amount of power the PC crashes.Post the brand name and model number of your PSU.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
You never said which PSU you have.While I was using 9800GT with an underpowered PSU ,similar things happened to me especially the quoted part.The faster the car goes the more the amount of processing to be done and the more the amount of power required and when the PSU isn't able to produce that amount of power the PC crashes.Post the brand name and model number of your PSU.

Coller master
Extreme Power plus 600W

Model : RS-600-PCAR-E3
Type Intel form factor ATX 12V V2.3

doomgiver

Warframe
that right there is an "extreme power" model. i've heard that it does not perform well on these forums. should he not change it?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Try these-

Clean your registry
Defragment the partition where game is installed

Also try this software-
Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
Also try this software-
Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance
Oh please not again. We already had a conversation about this crap in software section I guess. It just does nothing at all and you agreed and still you are suggesting it. I mean he can always monitor the program by task manager and Ccleaner and other utility software which are lot safer then this one.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I suggested this why?

op's pc could be bloated. Gta 4 is very very proccy and gpu intensive.

and as op said only gta 4 is causing problem, I have suggested this as it will help clean out bloat when he plays a game.

You are saying about safety? Digit gave this software around 3 times till now so its safe to assume this software is safe.

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
Digit gave this software around 3 times till now so its safe to assume this software is safe.
Really. You think that if Digit gave that then its good. I hardly think so. They have to fill 16GB every month and they provide many things which are not good not to mention many are complete crap and simply underestimate many good programs.

He can always watch whats going on the PC and also how do you even know if OP's PC is bloated or not???

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^ guys ,
Bulletstorm is perfect

Finished it in 7 hours
Only GTA 4 like that

I will consider updates .....
thank you ...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
See, GTA IV is a poorly optimized game which has given problems to everyone.

And I think you can't really complain when you aren't even using the genuine copy. Locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom