Should I go for G620 or G850 or I3-2120 ?

payne98765

Right off the assembly line
Hello

I want to build a PC for everyday use ie watching HD movies, normal tasks(surfing, programming etc.) and playing games ( under medium settings). Which CPU should I go for, Pentium G620 or G850 or i3-2120. My CPU+Mobo budget is Rs 7000 which can be stretched to 9000 max ( considering in that case, I'll have to compromise on GFX card front ).

If I use a cheap processor, I can go for 7750 or in i3-2120, i'll have to manage with 6670.

Also can you tell me what is the real difference between working of G850 and i3-2120 in performance aspect? Aren't they quite closely matched ??

Thanks in advance....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all last time i checked G620 was the only pentium dual core processor(based on sandybridge architecture) available in India.real difference between pentium dual core & i3 is HT feature.HT(hyperthreading) allows i3 to behave as 4 cores(2 real & 2 virtual) which can be utilized by multi-core suppoting softwares(games like GTA IV) so these applications will run faster.for day-to-day usage & for most games G620 is sufficient.

S.S gadgets

Broken In
If your PC is for normal multitasking use and for playing medium settings games,then better get Intel Pentium G620 combined with Sapphire HD 7750 1 GB DDR5 card.

OP
P

payne98765

first of all last time i checked G620 was the only pentium dual core processor(based on sandybridge architecture) available in India

I didn't know that g850 was not introduced in India.Just searched on the internet and this processor popped up as a good performer.:)

Meanwhile I want to say that my PS2 broke down couple of months back. So can a PS2 emulator work good on G620 ? I have some PS2 games with me that I would like to play on this PC like GOW.

or a faster processor (I3-2120 with hyper threading) is necessary for that !!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i never used emulator but G620 should be able to handle it.basing on passmark benchmarks G620 is a bit faster than a core2duo 3.16ghz.still if you can afford i3-2120 is a better choice considering hyper threading helps in games optimized for more than 2 cores(like GTA-IV).

The Sorrow

New to this forum
IMO, save and go for intel core i3 2120 + gigabyte ga-h61m-d2h = 10.5k. It'll be an awesome gaming experience with a 7750 or probably 7770 hd. Bang your every buck and you won't regret it what-so-ever. ;)

OP
P

payne98765

Thank you all - whitestar_999 , Ishu Gupta , Sainatarajan , Utkarsh Sharma , panwala95 , S.S gadgets & The Sorrow, for your advice.

I'll try to squeeze in some more cash in my budget to go with I3-2120 & if that does not happen, even G620 will be a fair deal.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing these informations.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Where are you getting this G850?

same question here.
AFAIK g850 not released in india.

and to answer your questions,g620 is good at gaming with a 7750 and should run "MOST" games fine.
if i3 in your budget go for it.
else g620 with good gpu is super vfm and a good performer too.

Top Bottom