Should I buy this Alienware 15?

thearyanajay

Broken In
I am getting a manufacture refurbished Alienware 15 with the following specs from USA for 91k. Would it be a good deal? Is manufacturer refurbished okay for a new laptop and the big question - Will Dell India provide me international warranty on the product?

Specs-
Dell Alienware 15 4th Generation Intel Core i5-4210H 3.5GHz, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS-Panel Anti-Glare 300-nits Display, 8GB RAM 1600MHz, 1.0 TB HD 5400RPM, Windows 8.1 Home Edition (64 BIT O/S), Killer 1525 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0, 8 Cell 92W Battery, WEBCAM, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M, Epic Silver Cover, 1 Year Dell In-Home Warranty

- - - Updated - - -

Also for 110k I can upgrade to i7-4710HQ and GTX970M 3GB. So keeping that in mind, what would you guys recommend? Is the proc and the GPU worth the extra 20k?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am getting a manufacture refurbished Alienware 15 with the following specs from USA for 91k. Would it be a good deal? Is manufacturer refurbished okay for a new laptop and the big question - Will Dell India provide me international warranty on the product?

For refurbished products there will not be any warranty.

Dell International Laptop Warranty Contact Information:Dell - International Laptop Warranty Contact Information | Dell

OP
T

thearyanajay

Broken In
Its Manufacturer refurbished bro. Means refurbished by DELL itself when it was returned when the original buyer didnt like it or had the wrong item delivered but once the product was opened it isn't new. Anyway the seller mentions that the warranty is valid till 2016 and can be extended as for new products. What about the proccy and GPU upgrade for 20k? Worth it?

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
Refurbished laptops are not recommended because it has some problems earlier thus refurbished. If you're willing to spend about 1Lakh for a gaming laptop, always choose a brand new one.

Minion

Conversation Architect
You can get this

Amazon.com : Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-591G-70RT 15.6-Inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Gaming Laptop : Computers & Accessories

Top Bottom