G!ZMo FReeK
My current computer configuration is:

1X40GB SAMSUNG IDE HDD
1X160GB WDC SATA HDD
1GB RAM
AMD ATHLON 3000+
NVIDIA 7100GS
ASUS M2N-MX MOTHERBOARD

Now i want to buy a 1TB Hard Disk, removing the 2 hard-disks which i have.

SO with this configurations i have can i use 1TB Hard-Disk in my System without any problems ????

& pls. tell me which is the best company for 1TB HDD
i m looking in terms of SPEED & PERFOMANCE

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
given the increase in HDD failure rate. I would suggest to buy two 500Gb HDDs. cost would be around 5k for two and a difference of 500 bucks won't hurt!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yep. shouldn't be a problem. but do remember, if it crashes (like it does for many), you lose huge amount of data.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
goin for 2 X 500 can cause a problem, as the power requirement for it will be more than single 1TB HDD

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^dude. it's a HDD, not a GPU. If you get Western Digital Green series HDDs, they will take much lower power than his existing dual HDDs.

btw, an always on HDD takes around 7 to 12 watts of power. which is totally negligible. I even had 4 -5 HDD running in my old machine sometimes which had a 450W PSU.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Western digital is fairly reliable. But cant say that about Seagate now. So WD green/blue/black just take your pick. Plus WD has 5 years warranty and Seagate only 3!

Vensanga

Journeyman
i think its better to buy two 500gb WD coz if one 500gb crashes you'll still have one 500gb and if 1Tb crashes you'll have none.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom