Shouild I Buy RMA'd Drive?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I am getting WD Black RMA'd Drive at a really good price. There is no invoice. The drive is under warranty. Should I buy it? The RMA'd drive is sealed and hasn't been used.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Warranty without invoice?

It looks like you really don't have an idea how warranty of an HDD works? Their warranty is based on serial number and by providing the serial number (in case of WD) or serial Number and Model Number (in case of Seagate), you can see how much warranty is left for the product and for claiming it, you don't need any invoice. In case of WD, OP can directly logged an complain through the Web site and WD will arrange an courier pickup from his home.

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
It looks like you really don't have an idea how warranty of an HDD works? Their warranty is based on serial number and by providing the serial number (in case of WD) or serial Number and Model Number (in case of Seagate), you can see how much warranty is left for the product and for claiming it, you don't need any invoice. In case of WD, OP can directly logged an complain through the Web site and WD will arrange an courier pickup from his home.

Nope! I've bought 8 HDD's so far for personal use. I've sold them, lost them but only one had failed (a WD unit). It was out of warranty so I had to replace it. Thanks for enlightening me.

Top Bottom