Share something 'different' and/or interesting you do .

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Different as in, not done by most people in desi culture. Niche. A sport that no one plays. A musical instrument no one has heard in India. Website you frequent , hobby. Something you made.
Or just something interesting you did/do.

Anything really. Casual chit chat.

I'll start:
The best audiobook/audiodrama around.
Audiodramas are audiobooks with a full cast. book Characters are voiced by different persons. Many have sound effects, music.
Finally I discovered "graphic audio" - they make audiodramas out of books. AND THEY ARE AMAZING. The production quality is Hollywood blockbuster level. Casting, performance, narration are incomparable.

Their best productions are by 'brandon sanderson". Mistborn is my favorite piece of entertainment. Better than any movie or game.
Not cheap. 60$ for 17 hr book. But ahem..

Samples: Elantris
MISTBORN 1: The Final Empire (1 of 3) Sample

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I haven't heard much audio books, but the one I liked the best is Helsreach, not the actual audiobook, but the one adapted into a movie by an animator:

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
^That is really nice. Has one narrator I think. But It plays like an audiodrama. Has music, effects like a "speaking in hall" effect. or that "dark knights bane" effect.

btw graphic audio has an app with a few free book. Not by sanderson

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The original audiobook doesn't have all that effects and stuff, that was added by the guy on his channel along with all the animations. But all the dialogues you hear are from the audiobook.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Pen and Paper Games! Massive Massive treasure trove of games that can be played using just pen and paper :
Check it: A Zen Guide to Paper and Pen Games

The games are of a large variety. Many are fairly complex. Some with deep strategy.

and it turns out games like battleship, connect4 can be played on paper easily.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
circuit simulators! . Don't need an arduino to play with one.

Basically this is simulator where you can add and connect various electronic components - resistors, arduinos , led etc.
Here is a online one, from autodesk: Tinkercad | From mind to design in minutes . Gentle enough for beginners. Lots more available for download . Google "android or circuit simulator"

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Interactive circuits EveryCircuit - Home
I am trying to learn electronics and circuits and the above site is great. Its not free, but the one day trial can be extended by clearing site data from browser. There are lots more circuit simulators , many free. tinkercad is one that comes to mind.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Interactive circuits EveryCircuit - Home
I am trying to learn electronics and circuits and the above site is great. Its not free, but the one day trial can be extended by clearing site data from browser. There are lots more circuit simulators , many free. tinkercad is one that comes to mind.

I used this almost everyday. Circuits has been my hobby. First discovered this app in 2016. I had bought the full version and it didn't disappoint. I often posted some circuits in the community. With full version, they accept new components request on priority.

But right now I am not doing much on app due to time limitations.

Awesome App, worth the money IMO.

Another app you peeps must check out is beaker, it is the whole chemistry lab in a beaker!

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.thix.sciencesense.beaker

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
The beaker app looks amazing!
Do you have any other recommendation for circuit/electronics app for a complete beginner? Every circuit seems great for those who has at least some idea about what they are doing..

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
The beaker app looks amazing!
Do you have any other recommendation for circuit/electronics app for a complete beginner? Every circuit seems great for those who has at least some idea about what they are doing.

Actually there aren't much apps for Android. For PC, Fritzing can be used for designing PCBs and circuits with arduino or pi.

Before everycircuit I Used falstad circuit sim, it ran on Java.

You can also checkout Yenka for basics of circuit and also some science project. Earlier it used to be three softwares, Crocodile physics, crocodile maths and crocodile chemistry. But they later joined to become Yenka, in 2008

Now problem with Yenka is that the company which made it has either shutdown or not maintaining it since 2016 so it cannot be purchased, and needs to be licensed through the other way.

Yenka is best for graduating students too.

Top Bottom