Shank and Shank 2

Krow

Crowman
I just finished Shank and Shank 2. Both are pretty good games if you have an Xbox controller. Both were part of Humble Bundles, so some of you will have them. If anyone wants to try the co-op mode, let me know, we'll figure something out.

Shank is a 2D side-scrolling beat 'em up video game developed by Canadian independent studio Klei Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts in 2010. It was released on August 24 for the PlayStation 3, on August 25 for the Xbox 360, and on October 26 for Microsoft Windows. In December 2011, it was re-released as part of the collection Humble Indie Bundle 4.

The game features melee and ranged combat, as well as acrobatic gameplay. Its plot was penned by the God of War series' co-writer Marianne Krawczyk and tells the tale of the ex-hitman Shank's quest for revenge in the single-player campaign, also featuring a prequel story in the form of a cooperative multiplayer campaign for two players.

Shank received mixed reviews, but generally positive reception overall. Critics generally praised the art style of both the gameplay and cutscenes, however some critics felt the game had uneven level design and repetitive gameplay. The game was commercially successful, selling tens of thousands of copies and remaining in the top 20 Xbox Live Arcade games during September 2010. It was followed by a sequel, Shank 2, released in 2012 for the same gaming platforms as the first game.
Source: Wikipedia

[video]*vimeo.com/video/36401444[/video]

Neo

Re: Shank

Shank 2 has co-op too? :eek:
I had started Shank 2 but never finished it. I think I'll do it now.

Flash

Lost in speed

POP(DOS) and Duke Nukem: Forever were the only side-scrollers i ever played.
Will play Shank soon.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman

Shank 2 is especially tough. Play with controller for best results. Boss fights are unnecessarily irritating. Nearly destroyed my fingers in all boss levels.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Got stuck on Shank 1 boss fight with that female boss(forgot the name :( )

Not able to defeat her no matter what I do. Any special tips?

I already have Shank 2 on Steam; but haven't downloaded it yet.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman

*www.mahalo.com/shank-walkthrough/

Try the trick mentioned there. When you download Shank 2, please ping me. We'll play the co-op mode. It is awesome.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

Completed Shank 1. Really liked the game and the boss fights. Will download Shank 2 soon(within a week) and post here. I have high hopes for the sequel now :D

Tomal

Broken In
I have finished shank. But not could not shank2. It seems difficult to me. And I don't get enough time to play. Hopping to finish it within short time.

Top Bottom