Setting up SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
hi all
presently i own a XFX 8800GTS 320MB flashed with the Fatal1ty Edition bios.i wanna setup SLi.is it possible to setup sli with another 8800GTS 320MB from eVGA?

the reason why i've this doubt is cuz the 2 cards hav diff bios,diff clk speeds(which i can change with a bios flash;) ) and possibly diff memory timings(for this reason i may not be able to flash the eVGA 8800GTS 320MB with the XFX Fatal1ty bios:( ).
so frnds plz help me out.
thnx.:)

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ in this case of the cards is a eVGA card so will they help me?newayz thnks 4 ur suggestion.will give it a try.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The gys in there are very friendly and had helped me greately. Theyll surelly help u.
But they are a lil late on replys. Sometime it takes 2~3 days to reply for out ticket.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Acc. to me if u have the same model no. then there should not be any problem in setting up an SLI.
Thats what SLI is meant to be.....since u have same cards u can actually put them in SLI....doesnt matter whats the brand but as ARVIND said ask XFX for SLI...but also take online support from www.nvidia.com
And also *www.slizone.com/page/home.html
They will give u much better idea about this.

I m still confused....do u own an EVGA too?
If yes then why didn't u bought an XFX because u already own one?

U can also try them in SLI too...whats the harm....they wont run...but then even u could use one of them!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Is there ny problem in flashin that too with 8800 GTS fatal1ty bios?
Orelse get the evga bios and flash ur XFX 8800 with that one
In either way, u can easily setup SLI

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ the only prob is that if the ram timings for the 2 cards dont match,i wont be able to flash the eVGA with Fatal1ty and vice-versa.cuz from my past expriences i've seen that ddr3 ram r very sensitive to changes in ram timings.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
You can set up SLI with cards of the same name from two manufacturers like XFX 8800GTS with eVga 8800GTS.Its not even necessary that the cards have the same amount of ram(for cards with different Vram u'll have to edit a registry entry).
But from my experience u'll have poor SLI performance with cards from two different manufacturers.

Last edited:
OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
Harvik780 said:
But from my experience u'll poor SLI performance with cards from two different manufacturers.

so its better not to setup sli with cards from 2 diff manufacturers.
thanx for the help.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
i'm thinking of not setting up SLi instead i'll save the cash and get myself a 9xxx series card when they r released.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
also a good option but even with that u won't be able to do SLI....but that card will be enough to run almost same as SLI.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Clockspeeds and Vendors don't matter. You can use a pair of GTS cards with different clockspeeds/vendors without any problems. Anyway buying another GTS 320 is kind of a waste.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
^^Have you seen performance impact of such a setup in reviews.I have seen that many a times using cards from different vendors for SLI did not give the desired performance.Yes nvidia says its possible but the sync of the cards is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom