SETTING UP BROADBAND CONNECTION IN WIN 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinks

True Techie
Digit forum members,

I recently installed DATAONE broadband.it is connected to my computer
via lan interface.(From router)
The problem is, my connection is working properly in win xp.
but in win 98 im getting a DNS error.(coz i can't enter DNS address anywhere coz it asks host and domain names)
Can u please tell me how i can connect to the net. in win 98
Via LAN. i know the ip address of all.
i can only open the HUAWEI router site. :cry:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Arre dont use it on Win 98 (tho I dont have the connection now I had same problem) Yahoo.com and a hordes of site didnt open at all. Upgrading IE and all the stuff u do whatever u do it doesnt work. Dunno y but its a funny problem.

shoegoe

Broken In
Follow this link to get your answer. I thought of copying the solution but it wouldnt be fair. scroll down and ull find your answer. also browse the site more to fullfill all your queries and problems in win98se+bsnl

*www.vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2216/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=15.html

I am not adverting...aint i? :oops:

Hope it helps..

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I had Win98 when I subscribed to BSNL broadband. Most of the time there were problems which were solved by either the engineer coming to me or taking the router to thier office. One day he told me that with XP there won't be any problem. So I purchased and installed XP and set up the networking. For the past six months there have not been any problem other than server related ones. (It was afterwards that I realized how foolish I have been using 98 all these years)

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom