Setting-up a complete home network - Need Help!

me2monk

Right off the assembly line
Friends,
I am ambitious to make a connected fully home and I am looking forward your advice and ideas to full fill my dream. I am ready to spend around Rs.20000/- for all over and if really necessary I can pust my budget little more.

So friends, here are my list of my products I have following with my ambitions attached with it... I don't know how much is possible with in my budget.
---------------------

1) TV: 46" EX650 Series Sony BRAVIA Full HD with Edge LED. (Internet browsing can be possible -- presently not connected because there is not wired connection there - see image)
- I want to stream all my movies from my PC to TV (#01 - Ambition)
- Connect TV with a webcam through I can use it for my Skype chat with parents (#02 - Ambition)

2) PS3 (Internet browsing can be possible -- presently not connected)
- I want to connect it with Internet and get updated frequently and start paying on network. (#03 - Ambition)

3) iMac 27" - 2010 Mid Model (Internet connected through cable attached to it - ADSL modem cum router)
- Make my stem as a entertainment hub. From where can I stream movies/music to other devices. (#04 - Ambition)
- I have 2 TB external HDD and a Wacom tablet attached to it now.

4) iPad 3 (connected through wi-fi router)
- Primarily use across rooms for browsing news, emails, streaming internet videos & playing games. If possible I would like to make it as a remote for my entertainment system. App store provides a simple app for it. -- (#05 - Ambition)
- Connect iPad to system as a second monitor. (#06 - Ambition)

5) Internet connection with Airtel 4Mpbs speed.
- Secure it properly to avoid any possible hacking. (#07 - Ambition)
- I certainly want to make a strong wi-fy connection so that I can get steaming video and all. (I want to replace my existing modem as it is very poor performer)

Here is my house plan and currently where all these devices are placed. Looking forward to get ideas and advices from you experts.

Connected Home.jpg

I am not a techie:) by profession I am an artist but have a fair idea about fundamentals. From past few months I have been thinking about making a fully connected home network.

Last edited:
Top Bottom