Set up personal VPN

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Set up personal VPN help!

Okay now I have two networks. A&B. Both connected to BSNL internet.

Network A: has 1 computers and 1 biometric fingerprint device (essl x990) (address:192.168.1.200)

Network B: has 1 computer

Now I can access the fingerprint device only from lan. Not over wan.

I installed hamachi and setup, I can see computer from network A but not the fingerprint device from network B.

I want to know if I can access It via a hamaci or by any other software or setup.

The main thing is I want to install the fingerprint time attendance software on the computer of Network B, ENTER IP ADDRESS OF FINGERPRINT DEVICE AS IF IT IS ON THE NETWORK B.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what port fingerprint device use because most probably without correct port-forwarding no such device can be accessed from outside LAN.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
then you need to setup port forwarding for 4370 to your device ip(192.168.1.200) in modem/router settings.

yep i did that, the problem is i cant put like this is that time management software.
like abc.dyndns.org:4370

i can put only like this 192.168.1.200 and i cant enter port number, or dyndns address
and im using dynamic ip

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can not access internal IPs like 192.168.x.x over internet.if your 2 networks are connected then why are you using internet.

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
you can not access internal IPs like 192.168.x.x over internet.if your 2 networks are connected then why are you using internet.

the two networks are at different places...

now i figured it out, i opened up the port in network A, put the external IP of network A in software of network B, it worked! but every time i can't use dynamic IP. i already have dyndns

so is there a way where the dyndns address gets a STATIC address on network B?(for putting in software)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not cleat about what you are trying to say.if you have dyndns then surely there must be a way(pinging/login into dyndns site etc)to find out what is the assigned external IP of network A to enter in software of network B.if you mean this process should be automatic then i think it is very difficult.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
not cleat about what you are trying to say.if you have dyndns then surely there must be a way(pinging/login into dyndns site etc)to find out what is the assigned external IP of network A to enter in software of network B.if you mean this process should be automatic then i think it is very difficult.

everytime I cant find out the ip from dyndns, open the software change device settings and enter it there no? :-D

Top Bottom