Seriously Need Ur Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bose.subhasis

Broken In
Helo Everyone/Admin,
I'm From Kolkata.I'm looking for a 4pin to 8pin(ATX-EPS12V) Adapter Cable.My Motherboard Is K8N Diamond Plus From MSI.It has a 8 Pin EPS Socket.Well As My SMPS(Antec SP500)Has A 4 pinATX 12V Connector.Although It Runs While I have Connected the 4pin connector To The Top 4 pin Socket On The Board.
Later I Came To Know While Doing This I'm Utillising The Half L2 Cache Memory Of My CPU(Athlon64 X2 3800+)(2X512Cache).So I need This Urgently.Can Anyone Of U Give any Idea Where I Get This Stuff India.
previously i found this on a website.Check Out The Link Here
But Their Shipping Cost Is too High.Tht's Why I'm Starting This thread
Thanking U all In Advance.

sangram19

Broken In
Will a mod move this please.

Where exactly did you get the (mis)information that you use only half the cache of the CPU if you use a 4-pin connector?

Have you tried verifying this? There are CPU id tools that will tell you the truth. Here's one to start with: *www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

I'll take a cheque for the money I just saved you from spending ;)

OP
B

bose.subhasis

Broken In
I Have Already Done So As U Said.But It Was Old One There It shows 512KB.
But In The New Version It Shows 2X512 However.But Check Out My Attached Image.If Ur Both Cores r Connected Properly U Can Toggle Between "Processor-1" & "Processor-2" At The Bottom Of The First Window "In Selection Menu".Check Out My 2nd Image Properly.Previously I Added An "E-Life" Branded SMPS(Probably Fake) Which Has A 8 PIN EPS 12V Connector.
Then It's Clearly Shown The 1MB Cache.But The SMPS Was Not Dedicated.It Can't Even Take The Load.Right Now I'm Not In Tht Situation To Buy An High Quality SMPS.(Like ANTEC,Zalman,OCZ).Tht's Why I'm Looking For It.

*i120.photobucket.com/albums/o189/bosesubhasis/Image1A.jpg
*i120.photobucket.com/albums/o189/bosesubhasis/Image-2.jpg

Check Those Out.
Thanking U All In Advance.

sangram19

Broken In
subhasis, the new CPU-Z is what you should use as it will give the correct reading.

The processor voltage regulator is the only source of power for the CPU. It is not as if the cache is magically connected to those 4 pins that are missing. Use the right utilities to find out about the processor. Don't depend on a third-party software (specially those funny 'optimisers' that don't actually optimise anything!) which gives you wrong information. If CPU-Z correctly identifies the CPU and information (using the version that supports your processor, not older versions that may have come out before the processor was released) then that is what it is.

You do not need the adapter. Not for some wierd software telling you you're missing half the cache, as it may not even know how to interpret the ID string of the CPU.

I seriously think mods are not interested in moving the thread, so we have this in technology news still.

OP
B

bose.subhasis

Broken In
Hey Buddy amitava82 & sangram19,
Like u me also don't rely on third party softwares to optimize the cpu.may be this software(Tweak Now Power Pack) Shows Wrong Info.But Wht should u say abt the software called "PC-CHECK", A very Popular Software Made by "Eurosoft" for hardware diagnostic.It also gave me same result.
And Don't Even think me as fool as i'm,tht someone say,and i'd belive.Common guys Me Also a "Service Engineer".
The problems is main arising for the mechanism for of this specific board.basically this 8pin socket can be found on most "Server Based Boards".
There might Be some Cause To made it this way.even i have posted a topic in msi forum.they said "me should use a such SMPS tht holds the 8 pin connector.but temporaryly I could use The top 4 pin of the motherboard."in other sites while googling i found tht In this cases while connecting a 4 pin connector in 8 pin socket,may result of burnt out.
A friend From this forum contact me yesterday abt this.he knows such a shop those who deals in especially in cables and connectors.he'll send the stuff(4pin-8pin adapter cable)very soon.
then i'll post my final results in this thread.
IF I'M STILL WRONG ABT THE INFO THEN PLS ADMINS,MODS R REQUESTED TO RECTIFY ME.
Thanking U,
Subhasis Bose.

sangram19

Broken In
I was about to report it, but "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." stopped me.

Subhasis, we're asking the thread to be moved so you can get more relevant answers for your question. Not because you've asked something wrong. It is in the wrong section.

I wish you all the very best, now that you've found a solution. Once you get the adapter, do let us know about your results.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well for some reason the mos and admins hav decided to give up moderating this forum and therefore i feel that no topics are being moved neither is ther any response for the erratic site behavior

hello mods and admin not a good time to not to pay attention competitors are gaining with every lapse u make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom