Serious Trouble Help Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superuser

Broken In
I am is from Calcutta and have purchased my following config a week ago

Amd 64 3200 Socket 939 + MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum + 512Mb DDR Kingston Ram + 200 GB SATA HDD + 17 " Samsung Flat Monitor + Liteon Dvd Drive + Logitech KB and Mouse Etc.

About the Agp Card I wanted ATI radeon 9800 pro or 6600 gt but my vendor said that Ati cards will not match on this motherboard and will give problems and so inspite of my resisting he forcibly got me an xfx 5700le.Regarding 6600 gt he told me that it is unavailable in India.

Now after a week of purchasing I again told him to replace my agp card and he got agree but told me that If you Install ATI radeon 9600 or 9800 pro then he would not take any gurantee if the card dosen't match with my motherboard or any other graphics related problem occurs.

Now You guys Please tell me that is it true that ATI radeon 9600 or 9800 pro won't match with my system? Is my vendor is playing some game or he is a fool knowing nothing about graphics cards?

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW ? Shold I go for any other card from xfx ?

As i don't want to live with xfx 5700 le I am also thinking about getting 6600 gt from gainward or xfx Please tell me if it is available in india and its price?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well lets c....now i did a search @MSI's website and the mobo specs say that it has AGP 8x support...so i dont c y the 9600 and the 9800 wont work....6600GT is definitely available...check the other graphics cards threads in this section...also check the sticky: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Dude, u r vendor is screwing around with u. Go to his shop and smack him first thing. :D

Now onto your query..........the 9600/9800 also the 6600GT (agp version) will work on your mobo without problems. Return the LE since it sucks and i am not too sure you wud be keen on keeping it. ;)

As regards with the 6600GT query, it is a good buy. Go for XFX as the last resort, there are better 6600GTs available. My order of preference wud be:
Gainward, Ledtek, MSI, Gigabyte,Asus, XFX. The prices shud be
Asus - 13.8k
Gainward: arnd 13-14k
XFX - 13.5k
ledtek - 13.5k
Ledtek -

Sourabh

Laptoping
whooah another dealer fooling people

i just cant understand how many ppl has XFX 5700 LE has fooled

mebbe it deserves a poll in every hardware section !!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Rofl ! This happens everywhere sourabh ! Thing is we as the consumers have to be aware of the products. But when it comes to technology and PCs the avg indian consumer is really pathetic. I have people who blindly follow vendors advice without any research at all.
And where else can u get to hear things like " Aree dude my vendor gave me the best deal, i got a rapchik PC for like 10k" Doh ! and " Aree why spend 40k on a new pc when u can get one in 15k:

:D

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Get XFX Geforce 6600GT.It is a decent card.Leadtek is also available so try if you get that.

I would say better go for 6600GT instead of 9800Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom