Serious Graphis Issue !!

sid_gupta

Broken In
My laptop crashed after a heating issue. So i had to install new windows and everything.
Since then it is detecting the intel HD graphics and also the nvidia card in device manager but whenever i try to install drivers for the intel hd graphics i get a blue dump screen. Without the intel hd drivers i cannot install the drivers for the nvidia card..!!!
is there anyway around this i.e installing both drivers or just be able to install the nvidia drivers???

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
It isn't advisable to do that. Follow the right sequence and download the drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website if need be. Ancient chipsets like the Geforce 6050 often had a slightly modified set of drivers that the laptop OEM released and only those had the proper files for your card.

You do have the option of manually adding the DEV_ID to the driver's manifest and forcing the driver to install.

Also, it helps to install your drivers in the proper sequence.

OP
S

sid_gupta

Broken In
i downloaded the appropriate drivers from the manufacturers website and also from the intel site with no good results. I always get blue dump screen and i recover from it by simply uninstalling the drivers for intel hd graphics.

Laptop i use is : HP dv6 7010tx

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
which windows did you install?is this the page where you selected the windows type to download drivers:
Software & driver downloads HP Pavilion dv6-7010tx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support
post exact driver file name you are trying to install.also on intel site there are many intel HD graphics driver versions & considering core i has now 2nd,3rd & 4th generations always check the read me/notes file to ensure your exact processor model is listed as compatible.

Top Bottom