Serial ata drivers for Windows vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_moon

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me from where can i get drivers for SATA needed for vista.
Googled for the same but in vein!
Pls guide, if u're aware of some site where these drivers can be downloaded from.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Please provide more info like your motherboard make+model..
Also note that driver support for Vista is in a very bad state right now! And by SATA drivers do u mean the ones that u need while installing the OS (via floppy), or the ones u need after u install the OS (IDE Drivers)??

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
SATA drivers?????
SATA is PnP...OS will and should load the drivers on its own....any case u can try out the HDD manufacturers site.

alanpaladka

Journeyman
I'm also having same problem. My HDD is also not detected while installing Vista. My HDD is Seagate ST3160812AS and mother board is ASUS K8V
Does anyone know, where can I find driver for this?

kalpik

@grinning_devil: SATA Hard Disks are PnP, but the SATA Controller needs drivers! Hehe..

@alanpaladka: Try: *support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

If u dont find drivers specifically for windows vista, you could try installing XP drivers, if Vista accepts them.. Didnt u get a floppy with your motherboard? See if that works..

OP
the_moon

the_moon

Journeyman
grinning_devil said:
SATA drivers?????
SATA is PnP...OS will and should load the drivers on its own....any case u can try out the HDD manufacturers site.

Already tried the manufacturer's site. No use.
@kalpik, No the floppy doesn't help!

kalpik

Hmm... you'l just have to wait then! Hehe.. Actually, even windows XP didn't support any SATA controllers originally.. but support for *some* manufacturer's was added in SP2.. So you should wait for the final release of vista or some service packs. Do gimme the manufacturer and model of the motherboard.. And check on the motherboard manufacturer's site, not the hard disk manufacturer's site!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@the_moon,your motherboard and hard disk detials pls...

also have a look at...

*www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t375782.html

*chris123nt.com/guides/5219/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom