Sennheiser CX 275s In-Ear Headphone

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
I have a Sennheiser CX 275s In-Ear Headphone with mic facility. The mic is working fine while used in phone but when trying in PC it is not working.
I have inserted it in the rear pink port as line-in . Now , in the pic attached, which one do i need to choose as a default microphone? There are two Mic in Ready mode. The Playback output is my 2.1 speaker.

Audio_1.JPG

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For computers with separate microphone and earphone jacks, an external microphone adapter should be used to convert the 3.5mm TRRS plug to a three-band 3.5mm microphone input connector (with three sections separated by two insulators).

*www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-earphones-as-a-microphone

PC has separate port for audio in/out.

If you plug-in to audio-in then it will record all sounds from microphone.

I own an Alienware laptop & my office has a Dell PC, in both, when I plug in a headphone/speaker, I get an option to select what device it was. If I select headset with mic, the PC switches to my headset's mic.

Connect your headphone to a 3.5mm combo jack (check mobo manual to find which is what) & try to see if available devices change. I hope you have already tried using the different available "ready" mics to see if you are getting the desired mic.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
I own an Alienware laptop & my office has a Dell PC, in both, when I plug in a headphone/speaker, I get an option to select what device it was. If I select headset with mic, the PC switches to my headset's mic.

Connect your headphone to a 3.5mm combo jack (check mobo manual to find which is what) & try to see if available devices change. I hope you have already tried using the different available "ready" mics to see if you are getting the desired mic.

My Monitor is Dell with built in webcam and microphone(SP2309W) and this mic is the default one. taken by the system. I have tried the Line-in (pink) port at the rear of mobo with the headphone jack and set it as default nut still the Dell mic is capturing the sound and not the Headphone mic.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Sennheiser CX 275s In-Ear Headphone with mic facility. The mic is working fine while used in phone but when trying in PC it is not working.
I have inserted it in the rear pink port as line-in . Now , in the pic attached, which one do i need to choose as a default microphone? There are two Mic in Ready mode. The Playback output is my 2.1 speaker.

View attachment 18940

What you need is 3.5mm Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable .. connect the CX275s with it and then connect only the mic end of the Y cable with the PCs mic in port ( pink ) and disable the other mic ( the one of the monitor's )
*www.amazon.in/RiaTech-Male-Female-3-5mm-Headphone/dp/B077V12H3Q/

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
What you need is 3.5mm Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable .. connect the CX275s with it and then connect only the mic end of the Y cable with the PCs mic in port ( pink ) and disable the other mic ( the one of the monitor's )
*www.amazon.in/RiaTech-Male-Female-3-5mm-Headphone/dp/B077V12H3Q/
Now this is a legitimate solution. thanks

Top Bottom