Selling my old phone and buy a new one

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Hi guys.,

I am selling my 2 year old Xperia Ray to my friend for 5800/-. I am planning to buy Moto E after getting this money. But I have mixed feelings in my mind. Please help me to go through this and buy a good smartphone, if Moto E is not an option

Things that I feared about Moto E is that, it does not have a flash.(No need of a front camera) And camera quality. How is it?
Anyone used?
Please post some photos took from Moto E
Please help me make my mind to stick to this phone.:|

$hadow

Geek in making
At a price around 7k what else do you expect it to be?
Moto e is a great phone and if camera is your only priority better shift to Indian brands

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Are you concerned about camera quality ? Then please ignore MOTO E

Is it that much pathetic ??
Or should I go for Moto G ?
Since my budget is tight, right know I am planning to buy a phone under 10000, and at a later stage wish to buy a high end phone.

- - - Updated - - -

At a price around 7k what else do you expect it to be?
Moto e is a great phone and if camera is your only priority better shift to Indian brands

My primary concern is a phone which gives RAM not less than 1 GB. Xperia ray only has a ram of 512 mb. So it was very difficult to install high graphics + memory games and apps. And it hangs always.
So I want my next phone not to hang on multitasking.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
There are plenty of gaming reviews of MotoE out there on YouTube. Check them out.

I checked those videos. And they look pretty great. It can run Fifa 14, Asphalt 8, Riptide GP, GT Racing, Rayman etc without any lag. But none of the reviewers saying that how much apps can be installed in this phone with the help of an expandable memory.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
I checked those videos. And they look pretty great. It can run Fifa 14, Asphalt 8, Riptide GP, GT Racing, Rayman etc without any lag. But none of the reviewers saying that how much apps can be installed in this phone with the help of an expandable memory.

Try some simple maths for this. Many games now has a size about 1gb now how many do you want. For many purposes you have to keep a USB OTG with you.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Try some simple maths for this. Many games now has a size about 1gb now how many do you want. For many purposes you have to keep a USB OTG with you.
I have an extra 8 gb micro sd card.So that is enough rite ?

And one important question:

Is it worth to sell Xperia Ray to buy Moto E ?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Is it that much pathetic ??

- - - Updated - - -

Moto E camera do take good shots in day light but if you are planning to take macro shots then camera sucks due to lack of auto focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Android phone with less than 1GB ram simply sucks My Sony tipo though is a very low end device but my experience with that phone is pathetic I am enjoying fluid performance on Moto E I like everything about this phone.

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Moto E camera do take good shots in day light but if you are planning to take macro shots then camera sucks due to lack of auto focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Android phone with less than 1GB ram simply sucks My Sony tipo though is a very low end device but my experience with that phone is pathetic I am enjoying fluid performance on Moto E I like everything about this phone.

Thanks Minion.,
How is the overall performance. Any lags, any issues, anything ??

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think that you should atleast get a Moto G @ 14k for a proper upgrade experience
But I dont think there is not so much difference between Moto G and Moto E, except the fact that it provides 8/16 gb variant. Camera of the both phones have the same quality right ??

HBK007

Journeyman
Thanks Minion.,
How is the overall performance. Any lags, any issues, anything ??

- - - Updated - - -

But I dont think there is not so much difference between Moto G and Moto E, except the fact that it provides 8/16 gb variant. Camera of the both phones have the same quality right ??
Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second, the camera on the moto g is light years ahead of the one on moto e, it has got flash and even autofocus and can take some good to decent shots from time to time. It's performance is not the same as it has got the snapdragon 400 chip in it's heart, it also has one hell of a display and having at least 8 gb internal memory always helps if you are not going to root due to restrictions put upon by Android Kitkat on installing apps to sd card.
I would suggest the moto g as it is available at around 11k on flipkart with the cashback offer on standard chartered cards from time to time.
For the camera test against moto g, here you go: Moto E: Camera quality test and comparison with Moto G and Nokia Lumia 520 | Digit.in

As [MENTION=201030]HBK007[/MENTION] mentioned, G is much better. It's only disadvantage maybe lack of SD card slot. For 14k, LG L90 is also a good option.

If u can't spend that much, Moto E will surely be an upgrade in terms of performance. Some other cheap alternatives:
Moto E vs Lava Iris 406Q vs Micromax Unite 2 A106 vs XOLO Q700S: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

On benchmarks MMX Unite 2 beats Moto E

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
As [MENTION=201030]HBK007[/MENTION] mentioned, G is much better. It's only disadvantage maybe lack of SD card slot. For 14k, LG L90 is also a good option.

If u can't spend that much, Moto E will surely be an upgrade in terms of performance. Some other cheap alternatives:
Moto E vs Lava Iris 406Q vs Micromax Unite 2 A106 vs XOLO Q700S: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

On benchmarks MMX Unite 2 beats Moto E

So you suggests that MMX Unite 2 is much better that Moto E ?

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second, the camera on the moto g is light years ahead of the one on moto e, it has got flash and even autofocus and can take some good to decent shots from time to time. It's performance is not the same as it has got the snapdragon 400 chip in it's heart, it also has one hell of a display and having at least 8 gb internal memory always helps if you are not going to root due to restrictions put upon by Android Kitkat on installing apps to sd card.
I would suggest the moto g as it is available at around 11k on flipkart with the cashback offer on standard chartered cards from time to time.
For the camera test against moto g, here you go: Moto E: Camera quality test and comparison with Moto G and Nokia Lumia 520 | Digit.in

I didn't mean that Moto E is a greater phone than Moto G. But at this price range, when comparing the specs and performance I think Moto E is a winner.

So far no green flag for Moto E. Then I should proceed with Moto G.

Overall Unite 2 is crap, due to the crap screen, branding, no dev support and possibility of the phone going kaput within a year.

Since the time MMX launched canvas 2(i guess 1.5 yrs ago), its phone became more reliable & better built.

One of my uncle is using Canvas 2 for the past 1.5yrs & my mom's canvas fun is working fine for the past one year. So now a days MMX phones are more reliable. They even survive many drops(1m high, usually).

Recently my friend bought his sister a Lava Iris 406Q over Moto E. That phone is working fine till now & has no lags. You can do bit of multitasking in it.

Top Bottom