• wupload
  • easyshare
  • hotfile

the following sites work -
  • megashare
  • megaupload
  • oron

i have even changed dns to google dns.

what is happening is that if i try to open any of these sites, it says looking up and then connecting to and after some time generates an error message. i have tried changing browsers, clearing temp files etc.

utorrent is working fine

so now they have finally blocked these sites in up east circle too :( :( :(

i better try mblaze then

Rajesh345

Youngling
since today morning, I am unable to open few file hosting / sharing sites -

• rapidshare
  • uploading
  • filefactory
  • filesonic
  • filesflash
  • fileserve
  • wupload
  • easyshare
  • hotfile

the following sites work -
  • megashare
  • megaupload
  • oron

i have even changed dns to google dns.

what is happening is that if i try to open any of these sites, it says looking up and then connecting to and after some time generates an error message. i have tried changing browsers, clearing temp files etc.

utorrent is working fine

so now they have finally blocked these sites in up east circle too :( :( :(

i better try mblaze then

on BSNL dont have problem
Did u try https version of those sites ?

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
just tried them with https and they don't work. tried using 3g of my phone and they started opening. so now it is confirmed that it is blocked at Tata Photon's end

cc person has just confirmed that it is blocked at Tata under orders of govt. and they don't have any other info on that

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i just a talk with a front line person and then after lot of persuasion with some team leader and their response is that - as per govt order that we have (we on't have any other info or g.o. number) permanently blocked them. when i asked why it is not there in newspaper / media, he said - i can't comment on that why govt has not done that.

i have seen on some other forums that they are blocking many sites since last few months like in tamilnadu etc.

rext99

Broken In
I'm using Tata Docomo 2g & I'm unable to access any of the sites as mentioned by OP. Also, my friend is unable to access them on Tata Photon. This problem started couple of days back, I'm in UP West circle. I thought its a temporary problem until I came across this thread. Even Megaupload is not opening for me & customer care is clueless.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@vidhubhushan & rext99:
try pinging the above sites using command prompt.
most probably u will get a "request timed out"

try with proxy sites to check if they open or not

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
It all started with a Delhi Court John Doe Order for Reliance during launch of movie Singham to stop its piracy. The court gave them permission to ban pirate links (only those links used by pirates for the movie). This stupid ISP has banned complete domain. Their support people doesn't have this info and the front line girl i had a talk said something about movie Bodyguard and the moron team leader talked about govt. order when there is no such order. when i asked them to take this problem as a complaint the girl said she can't do that. I have the complete conversation recorded in my mobile phone.

There is no such government order and i have checked / searched for it. I am planning to file an RTI regarding the same in a day or two and am thinking of going to consumer forum since this is a lie as these sites are working / opening using my bsnl 3g connection of my phone. what say guys?

@Zangetsu - using proxy, once the home page got opened but can't upload / download any file :(

eagle_y2j

Youngling
It all started with a Delhi Court John Doe Order for Reliance during launch of movie Singham to stop its piracy. The court gave them permission to ban pirate links (only those links used by pirates for the movie). This stupid ISP has banned complete domain. Their support people doesn't have this info and the front line girl i had a talk said something about movie Bodyguard and the moron team leader talked about govt. order when there is no such order. when i asked them to take this problem as a complaint the girl said she can't do that. I have the complete conversation recorded in my mobile phone.

There is no such government order and i have checked / searched for it. I am planning to file an RTI regarding the same in a day or two and am thinking of going to consumer forum since this is a lie as these sites are working / opening using my bsnl 3g connection of my phone. what say guys?

@Zangetsu - using proxy, once the home page got opened but can't upload / download any file :(

Consumer Suit will not be entertained by consumer court over this as for this you have to go to telecom tribunal but RTI with TRAI asking details about any internet censoring of above sites will help you in tribunal .

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
ya i was talking about rti for dot only as dot is responsible for asking ISPs to block any site / url
i am also going to start a cause on facebook regarding the same. these people have started behaving like we are in afghanistan and they are taliban govt.

H4CK3R

Right off the assembly line
Yes, i also noticed this.
Happening from 20 sept.
Not able to surf free file hosting sites, mediafire included.
Why?
Tata photon + banned them?
Or, hosting sites banned tata photon +?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Indian ISPs can do anything, and attach TRAI/DoT after it. Justified.

Example:

Colonies exist on the moon as per TRAI.
We are not alone, Martians are coming as per DoT.
....etc etc....

Site is blocked as per DoT.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
erm govt has not notified anything about blocking websites...else they would have announced it in the media...

also how is it that other companies have not blocked it yet other than tata....seems suspicious...

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
It is some moron that has made the decision to ban these domain just like that. i had a talk with customer care and then after much pressure was able to reach some senior team leader and got this response - this is done as per the govt. order, why the govt. is not publicizing it, we don't know, ASK THE GOVT. in case you need more info, contact any relationship centre. i went to one Tata Shoppe and got a BLANK RESPONSE. those guys didn't had any idea that something like this has happened. He registered a complaint regarding the same and said it will be resolved. when i had a talk with tech support guy, he said - these hosting sites are banned because of piracy as per the orders of Delhi High Court. when i asked him to elaborate on it, he had a talk with some people and then said - contact customer support on email.

nobody has any explanation except some bits n pieces of the actual thing and what else they have is just B**LS**T.

Never expected this sort of GREAT MOVE will come from a group like TATA!

JAI HO

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
The free net is a mere dream in India. With times to come it is going to get much worse. Sadly as countries are going liberal --- we are going back in time. They have a great plan to even monitor all tweets and facebooks feeds. Imagine the effort and cost.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Seems The Crazy Guy is gone. Many sites are opening again since yesterday evening on Photon+ (like rapidshare, uploading, hotfile). haven't checked the other 32 blocked ones :D

bubusam13

Human
Seriously... damn... I don't have a word to say... when India started censoring websites like China... I just asked my brother to take photon+... m too angry... better I log out

robbinghood

Journeyman
NO, the problem started with Reliance guys, the govt is hands in ass with them, There are so many websites and blogs commenting on India, spreading violent news about Indian people, hatred messages across websites and all BUT did the govt stop or block them?? NO, Just because Ambani and tata are pressurizing the Govt on their issues, they carry out orders. The problem started with Singham produced by reliance entertainment, They thought blocking links from Filehosts will stop the movie from getting online, so they asked court to issue order to ask ISP to ban filehosts, what happenned is ISP are half following, blocking some users and ip's on the servers to not allow service to filehosts, that is why some users can access and others cannot access File sharing hosts even though they are of same company!

Top Bottom