security algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthikns

Right off the assembly line
hai friends
I am doing my higher studies in INFORMATION SECURITY.I have one doudt ,there r many security algorithm like DES ,AES,RSA.So what's the major cretiria which is used to compare one security algorithm with another.Which factor decides one algorithm is secure over another.Some of my friends said that it's the attack which decides the security level of the system.But i didnt find any proof for that.But in the books the security level is compared only based on the key size, and the time required to break the key.So pls friends tell which is the major factor which decides the security level of an algortihm.which factors are used to compare security algorithm.

Sykora

I see right through you.
Encryption algorithms are generally compared by the time taken to break the key, followed by the size of the key for comparable security.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup generally if the size and encryption method is good, the time taken to brute it ll be too much. That ll be a great plus

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
its the one sidedness of the encryption, i.e. u can go one way not the reverse way along with key size and the salt added.

sai_cool

Journeyman
@sakthikns
which college are u doin ur course in? and is it like M.S Comp Sci or something like that.... becoz information security sounds really interesting..

Last edited:

redhat

Mad and Furious
BUMP::

Is there any site where we can test encryption algorithms??
Like, if I have made one algorith and want to see how strong it is, where should I head to??

redhat

Mad and Furious
Well, I havent yet completed the encoding, will finish in some time...
I got delayed due to my Std. 10 board exams this month...

Neways, Just curious, how will you try to crack my encryption?
If you could explain the procedure of reverse engineering that you will use...
You want me to post the riginal string alongwith the encrypted one??

choudang

Padawan
Neways, Just curious, how will you try to crack my encryption?
If you could explain the procedure of reverse engineering that you will use...
You want me to post the riginal string alongwith the encrypted one??

this is not a professional question as you are belong to IS. you can not ask "how you will do" before completing you project. if you get the answer .. all knows that you will block that part. post it here or else, let us try to break it and post the reasons... that will be the best part.....

redhat

Mad and Furious
^^Accepted, My board exams are getting over on 28th, will be out with friends for a day or two,
As soon Im back, I will finish making this encryption software, but please tell me, do you want the original String too?
More-over, this algorithm has a user password too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom