Seagate hardisk 80gb within a case not connecting to pc

webdesigncut

Journeyman
Hello

I am using a seagate 80gb harddisk which is placed inside a case and i am having problems connecting it to pc, i bought this years back don't remember .. it gave me issues like this earlier .. so i kept it aside but few days back when i opened it and formatted it .. i saw it connecting to pc again but after copying some data its again showing same issue..pls check image for reference.. just to let u know the hardisk is connecting to the case with pins .. but i still see 4pins are not connected .. so is it the wrong case thts giving this issue pls help .. as i have some important data copied there

the lights are opening and it makes sound when i connect
IMG_20131217_163505.jpg

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
short_generic_test.jpg
here is the seagate seatools short generic test result

it passes it

check long generic result too

long_generic_test.jpg

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
but how can i take backup if harddisk dont open ? i mean if not connect with pc ?

Turn North > Angle your head slowly towards the sky in 45 degrees > salute the thin air > use a toy gun to fire three rounds in the air > -------
-----(if in warranty) > wrap the dying soul of HDD in a cardboard case > take it to seagate for RMA
------(if not in warranty) > Bang your head slowly > Cry a little > cough some money > buy a new disk > throw the dying soul in the gutters

Top Bottom