SE Upgrade Service Error ! (Please Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Hi Guys i downloaded the latest version of Sony Ericsson Update Service 2.7.9. from the SE site.

I then installed it.. then i got the msg:

"Incompatible Macromedia Version, Download the required version from www.macromedia.com"

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2045198361_02b97de561_o.jpg

So i headed there and downloaded the Macromedia Shockwave Player Lite.. and installed it.. but again, i got the same error msg.

So i downloaded the "Update Service Guide" from SE site again. In the guide i came to know that, the app starts only if that "Flash Player" is installed from the "Internet Explorer"! So i did as it said.. The player installed from the IE.. but still, i'm getting the same old msg! :x

Please Help me!

I may reply to this thread later tonight.. coz i'm busy. But Please Help me :)

Thanks in Advance.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
You can try this: -

First uninstall all Macromedia flash players and shockwave.

Download the new version of Macromedia.

Clean all registry entries from Macromedia and all traces of the software.

Reboot.

Then try.

Or else try this too (got from some other forum)

Code:
I received the following reply from SE Support, but have not yet had time to
test it:

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, please ensure you are installing Flash through
Internet Explorer and not Firefox. If you are installing Flash through Internet 
Explorer and still experiencing this problem then please follow the instructions 
below in order to update:

- On your PC go to SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS and remove "Macromedia flash player" (if exists)
- Go to INTERNET EXPLORER > TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > GENRAL tab >  SETTINGS button > VIEW OBJECTS button and remove "Shockwave Flash Object" (if exists)
- Go to SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS and uninstall SONY ERICSSON UPDATE SERVICE
- Restart the PCRe-Install SONY ERICSSON UPDATE SERVICE
- Start Internet Explorer go to *www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOX and follow instructions on the download site
- Restart the PC again after the installation.
- Try Update Service again

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Well, i read the first reply carefully and after gx_saurav said "r u using Window blinds?", i noticed some displacement of shadows and some buttons in my theme, which i didnt find before installing the Macromedia Flash Player.. and then still i read the other posts..

BUT

I didnt follow any post... I just unloaded my "WindowBlinds" AND ITS WORKING!!!!!

THANKS gx_saurav!!

Anyway, thanks for the kindful reply to others too...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Sorry Santosh, was a li'l bit busy. This is news to me! SEUS doesn't work with Window Blinds. Nice tip GX :) I hope everyone will keep this in mind from now on :)

::cyborg::

In the zone
hey there is a patch for this google it a 4mb patch i dont remember from which i site i saw that but there is a pactch for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom