SE to releases walkman Phone W800, K750i in Q2 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Sony created history many years ago with the invention of Wlakman, now they are re-creating history, & for all the music buffs out there on the go, SE has done it again the have released the first ever Walkman Mobile Phone with true stereo sound & steareo speakers, with a lot of memory & it can be used to make phone calls too, comes with 38 MB Memory with upto 1GB more with memory stick duo pro

Official Homepage

*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/CWS31AFW_12510high_1500_0_4000.jpg

not only that they have released some more info & official pics of the K750i, the code name "Clara" mobile with the first ever innovation of a 2MP camera in a mobile, which is usually enough for anything an average mobile user can ask for on the go

*www.mobile-review.com/articles/2005/image/se1march/k750/k750-2.jpg

Features of K750i, which is much like the W800

2 MP Camera
Bluetooth 1.2
Faster CPU then S700i
Expandable memory support, memory stick duo max upto 2 GB
Comes with Fast port, for easy data transfer, can be used as a Pen drive
32 MB inbuilt memory with 64 MB Memory Stick duo provided in the box, free, out of the box 96 MB Memory, max in the class
Data Cable included
MusicDJ, & the first ever VideoDJ & PhotoDJ for Mobile video editing & photo editing, first ever in a phone

There is an interview from an official representative from SE here

For low level segment, they have released the J300i, although not everywhere,
Official Page

Much better then other phones in the catagory, comes with an IrDA Port & data cable, & cute colors, although no camera but 12 MB Memory like K500i, good for light music usage

Also released is a slightly reduced version of K500i named K300i, the noticeable changes are a 128X128 pixels STN screen, & new shape & style, the cam is still the old VGA cam like K500i, it is not here to replace the K500i but to provide an option of potential J300i buyers who can upgrade to a cam phone for just a bit more

official Pics
Review

Looks like a bright shiny year for SE & it's users has just began
----------------------------------------------------------------
My take - I m upgrading to K750i as soon as it is available in India, dam, looks cool, feels cool, SE Quality & style, & 2 MP cam with expandable memroy, 96 MB to start with that can hold a full 1 hr 3GP movie a 176X144 resolution with 128 kbps Video bitrate & 32 kbps audio bitrate, & AAC Audio at 64 kbps with 44.1 KHz

Cam, is dam good, as 2 mp is the minimum & recomended quality for an average user

--------------------------------------

Images curtosy of Mobile review.com & Sony Ericsson, info taken & sorted from various sources

OP
G

gxsaurav

Update :

Another review found

*www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1177

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Damn, this one looks good...2MP camera, expandable memory and a huge internal memory...

How much will it cost and when will it be available?

OP
G

gxsaurav

Hmm, thanx grudge from moving away from Nokia for a minute only

The W800 is available in US & Japan, while in India it will be released in about 1 month, the K750i is stated to be released in Q2 2005

Update : W800 supports Memory Stick duo Pro, while K750i supports Memory stick duo, the difference is interface speed, & copy protected content usage on Memory stick duo

For more info about Memory Stick

*www.memorystick.com/en/ms/variety.html

On my last inquiry, a 128 MB Memory stick Duo for mobile phones costs about Rs 1,100 in Delhi, Gaffar market

OP
G

gxsaurav

Along with the above mentioned features of K750 it is to be noted that it also supports

Auto Focus, a feature taken from Digital Cams for btter & sharp images, burst mode for moving photo shoot, Max cam resolution is 1632X1124

4X Digital Zoom, unlime 8X in S700i, although enough as with more Digital Zoom level the Image becomes graniy, no matter which phone with cam it is, even the S700i becomes a bit graney when 8X zoomed, so does Motorola E398 & Nokia 6600/7610

Support for SE PhoneFlash MX 123 Flash, for taking images in the dark, making it a compleate camera

Support for Bluetooth Media Centre MMV-200, to view Pics & videos on a TV Screen

Memory Stick Duo Pro support upto 1 GB, 256 MB and up are Probut it doesn't support Memory Stick HIGH SPEED Pro Duo, the ones with the black and red stylings, can be used as a Pen drive as it will be shown as a removeable drive in Windows XP

mp3 Audio, mp4 aac audio, mpeg-4 video, FM Radio Support, mp3 ringtone with mp4 ringtone support to come with a firmware upgrade in the future

Great Multitasking even being a mobile, u can play mp3 while playing games on it, it won't get that slow

Li-Pol battery of 900mAh.
3D Java game engine

As for the W800i, U can check the specs page, although much like the K750i but differs as

Comes with a CD Ripping software to convert & rip the CDs for playback in W800

Color LCD 262K

------------------------------------------

One thing I really hate in every camera phone manufacture is that Y they don't support proper video recording, I mean, even with S700i's 1.3 MP cam, the video recording resolution is max 176X144 while it can easily record at 320X240 or 640X480 with 15 fps, it doesn't take much to include a 66 MHz ARM CPU in the phone & sale it in the High end segment, & bscause of this slow CPU thing, even at 176X144 the recording is blurry when in motion, I mean, Mobile phone with cam are replacing lower end Digital Cam, so Y not they can be made to replace lower end handy cams & can be used as a Web cam with bluetooth or Fast Port support, if they can do that, then it will compleate the Camera requirmemnts of a normal user, who can use it for casual photography, casual party or family video recording for upto the max ammount of memory available & can use it as a webcam for PC

OP
G

gxsaurav

K750i is out in India, U can take a look here for the official Indian Homepage of K750i, it's available in black color, pricing & stock are still unknown it will be a while before the phone actually shows up in the legal market

However, as an estimate the phone will cost about Rs 20k to 23k in the begening, so better wait for 2 or 3 months, as the prices of mobile phones fall like rain drops, so we can assume the prices to come down to 17k by july, not something to go out & buy right now, better wait for a few months if U already have K700i, k500i, Nokia 660, Nokia 7610 or Nokia 6670 & are willing to upgrade

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@gx: none of these phones have been released....they have only been announced
they will b available later this year...and even the mobileburn site has a preview not a review
the W800 is gonna have abt 500MB memory and a slot 4 expansion....look here: *img207.exs.cx/img207/1200/untitled4ld.jpg

sheesh....get ur info right b4 making these posts....

OP
G

gxsaurav

The W800 is released in USA & Europe with J300i & K300i, K600 maybe not India on March 1

The k750i is released, as seen from the info at SE India webpage, although as I said eralier it will take some time to be available, that Y the Q2 2005 time is mentioned

As for proof

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=57874

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
proof???? i dont c it sayin anywhere that these phones r out already....and check SE's websites again....they say Coming Soon....most of the new phones will start shipping later this year mebbe Q2....here r some links 4 ya:
SE USA Products page
SE USA Online Shop
SE Indian Products Page

read and c 4 urself that it sez Coming Soon....

and phones r first launched/announced/debuted b4 they r released....dont confuse the 2....

OP
G

gxsaurav

Hmm, here it shows coming soon

ok, guys I check the factas & confess that I was wrong they are about to release

Sourabh

Laptoping
i guess this is a perfect guide to distinguish between a preview and a review

mebbe a good definition too

tink abt it :mrgreen:

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
Just curious, but which cellphone wud take the prize between the K700i & the 6620?? yes, its 6620 & Not a Typo!! any other cell in that pricerange??
Also, will there be any compatibility issues between a MMS sent from a SE to Nokia phone??

OP
G

gxsaurav

MMS is compatibel with any phone weather it is Nokia to Sony or Samsung to Segam

6620, hmm, never heard about it, better go in the market & check for yourself

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@delhibhai: 6620 is a phone 4 the north american market...it works on GSM 850/1800/1900 so it will only work with airtel...
also, 6620 is just a slightly upgraded 6600....it has EDGE and a slightly diff look....tough choice...if u want a smart phone loaded with features then get 6620....else K700i is a good choice too....
MMS depends upon ur service operator as long as u have it on ur phone...there should b no issues....

OP
G

gxsaurav

I m not sure, but I got a bombay guy saying W800 is available in Heera Punna in mumbai for Rs 21k or IRC, if these is someone here from mumbai plz check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom