screen tearing problem please post your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hello friends.

well i am having screen tearing problem in some games.whenever i turn off the vsync.

in the game fear whenever there is a flickering of light i experience screen tearing.
and also some games like spiderman3 whenever i actvate the spider sences during the white flash a little bit of screen tearing is observed at the screen below.and in prince of persia sands of time when the prince sees any vision a very little screen tearing is experienced.

and also in some other games too i experience (though very less and rare in other games) this screen tearing.

also if i enable the vsync the frame rate drops from average 70 to average 40.something like that in fear

please help is something there to stop this.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Vsync is AFAIK the only soln. to screen tear. Vsync does not affect performance, it just prevents the FPS from exceeding the refresh rate of your screen.

Isn't 40 FPS enough? Can you really make out slowdowns? What's the refresh rate on your monitor?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
V-Sync it is.If the frame rates jumps above your monitor's refresh rate there would be visual tearing at parts when your moves towards the right or left direction in any game.Try turning the V-Sync option to ON & that would limit your frame rates to your Monitor's refresh rate & hence should take care of the tearing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom